IGNORED

Calderwood Deluded Or Eternal Optimism?

Sticks

This was on bbc site

Calderwood still hopes for second

Nottingham Forest manager Colin Calderwood is still hopeful of automatic promotion from League One.

Forest are four points behind second place Bristol City with two games left but Calderwood said told his club's website: "They have to win a game.

"While there is hope of finishing in the top two we have to give ourselves every chance.

"You have to have a sense of realism about the situation - Bristol have the march on us but you never know."

All be it, it's not over til the large lady sings, surely he needs to admit defeat - bit of reverse psychology. Guy is a grade 'A' pr*ck.

i do agree he has been a tw*t recently. But i think his comments today is probably the correct ones. If he says "oh we've had it, we have to settle for playoffs now" what will the forest fans think.

Believe it or not guys, forest still have a chance and it'll be up to us to make sure Forest don;t make an advantage (if the do) of there form to the league.

If Calderwood thinks we'll feel the pressure next weekend, whats going to happen to him next saturday??

At the end of the day, Forest and Blackpool have to win both their last two games to even have a chance of over-taking us, maybe the pressure of having to win may take it's toll, I can't see either of them winning both their last games.

This was on bbc site

Nottingham Forest manager Colin Calderwood is still hopeful of automatic promotion from League One.

Forest are four points behind second place Bristol City with two games left but Calderwood said told his club's website: "They have to win a game.

"While there is hope of finishing in the top two we have to give ourselves every chance.

"You have to have a sense of realism about the situation - Bristol have the march on us but you never know."

All be it, it's not over til the large lady sings, surely he needs to admit defeat - bit of reverse psychology. Guy is a grade 'A' pr*ck.

Bit harsh that - you can't really expect him to roll over in public.

Also if we lose at Millwall ( quite possible ) we may well need to beat Rotherham at home to get auto.

I think we probably would but I wouldn't like my life to depend on it given our home record against bottom half sides, would you ?

Bit harsh that - you can't really expect him to roll over in public.

Also if we lose at Millwall ( quite possible ) we may well need to beat Rotherham at home to get auto.

I think we probably would but I wouldn't like my life to depend on it given our home record against bottom half sides, would you ?

We have not been beaten when City fans have been in the E.E this season; and it will be bursting with City a week Sat; and we wont get a better chance of the promised land than a home game v Rotherham;

It is also quite possible that we will win at Millwall as well; as they cant be much tougher than Carlisle or Oldham whom we scored 3 against, when they were "flying"

Hey we now have a tough never say die team and squad who will go to the final second. :city:

This was on bbc site

This guy is losing the "mind games" battle and is getting desperate i don't fancy them winning at orient to be honest.

Its not impossible to think we could lose next Saturday and drop a bollock against Rotherham with a draw, Forest could still sneak it on goal difference with just a win and a draw, however unlikely it may seem that we wont get 1 win, I think some are jumping the gun a bit too quick.

Does anyone remember that downhill skier in the last Winter Olympics where she was coming up to the finish line with one jump left and the Gold medal in her hands, yep, she tried the showboat jump, fell on her arse and lost out. don't count all your chickens just yet, I shall celebrate if/when it is absolutely certain. Sorry to disappoint a few, but I still remember "Better luck next year Brighton" and who could forget the "Division 2 Champions" banner in the Williams.

:fingerscrossed:

Its not impossible to think we could lose next Saturday and drop a bollock against Rotherham with a draw, Forest could still sneak it on goal difference with just a win and a draw, however unlikely it may seem that we wont get 1 win, I think some are jumping the gun a bit too quick.

That puts them behind us by one point, methinks. If we only take one point from the next 2 games, they still have to win both of theirs. We would need to lose both games for them to go 2nd with a win and a draw.

Does anyone remember that downhill skier in the last Winter Olympics where she was coming up to the finish line with one jump left and the Gold medal in her hands, yep, she tried the showboat jump, fell on her arse and lost out. don't count all your chickens just yet, I shall celebrate if/when it is absolutely certain. Sorry to disappoint a few, but I still remember "Better luck next year Brighton" and who could forget the "Division 2 Champions" banner in the Williams.

:fingerscrossed:

Like this Screech?

whatcouldhavebeenvu4.jpg

That puts them behind us by one point, methinks. If we only take one point from the next 2 games, they still have to win both of theirs. We would need to lose both games for them to go 2nd with a win and a draw.

Yes of course, sorry your right. Does that mean I've missed a night out on the tiles already then. :10_1_108:

I don't mind him, but then the scars of Megson are still fresh in my mind. Some Forest fans won't be happy until we dig up Brian Clough's rotting remains and prop them up in the home dugout.

Zombie Clough might still speak more sense than Calderwood does.

His first outburst after our JPT win at your place made him look bitter, his second before Crewe and Doncaster arrogant and this third attempt to deflect the attention from your team with his comments before and after the Carlisle match looks desperate frankly.

He isn't wrong to say that Forest might catch us, it is possible, but he must be deluded to think he is guaranteed two wins at Orient and against Crewe; his task is as big as our own.

He knows the playoffs will bring with them much more pressure for Forest than any other team, as they will be there to be shot at. IF :fingerscrossed: we do seal promotion on saturday, be it by beating Millwall or by Orient doing us a favour, then Forest will have an uphill task ahead, of that their can be no doubt.

They were expected to walk this league while all the other potential playoff contenders (bar possibly Oldham) will be happy to even be there. Yeovil, Carlisle, Yeovil and Blackpool were hardly tipped for the top at the seasons start, but have proved determined and dynamic contenders. Forest have been, much like ourselves, labouring under the weight of the 'favourites' tag and in the playoffs this is a dangerous burden to still be carrying.

Also got to say, whoever ends up in 3rd nearly always lose out in the playoffs because of the disappointment of not getting automatic promotion. The players are usually drained and have to face a sixth place team who have scraped into the playoffs at the last and are on a massive high for doing so.

Forest are therfore better off conceding now :whistle2: and getting over the disappointment before their playoff games come about, gives them a chance to get players fit and focussed again.

Also got to say, whoever ends up in 3rd nearly always lose out in the playoffs because of the disappointment of not getting automatic promotion. The players are usually drained and have to face a sixth place team who have scraped into the playoffs at the last and are on a massive high for doing so.

Forest are therfore better off conceding now :whistle2: and getting over the disappointment before their playoff games come about, gives them a chance to get players fit and focussed again.

It isn't so much that, and more the fact that the play-offs are normally won by the team who finish the season in form. Often that's the team who scrape in in sixth having made a late charge from mid-table; I'd rather we win our last two games and hit them in form. We won't catch you as I can't see you failing to win at home to Rotherham, but being the form team going into the play-offs is what we should be aiming for.

Archived