IGNORED

Key Moments Of The Season

Captain _Z

Just reading the 'Jamie McCombe that tackle' topic.

It got me thinking what were the key moments of this season so far, there have been many. (Hopefully one big one to come)

One of them was McCombe's goal against Docanster, or earleir on in the season against Northampton.

Or even the come back against Middlesbrough, Keogh's goal.

The sort of moments that made me think this team may have what it takes to get promotion.

What were yours?

It got me thinking what were the key moments of this season so far, there have been many. (Hopefully one big one to come)

One of them was McCombe's goal against Docanster, or earleir on in the season against Northampton.

The sort of moments that made me think this team may have what it takes to get promotion.

What were yours?

Staying with McCombe but his goal yesterday right on half time when playing as badly as we did, and with forest and blackpool winning it was the most important goal of the season up to now.

Thought at the time that Showunmi's original goal against Carlisle in December could be massive, as we ended up with 3 points more than we deserved - and it has certainly proved handy.

Johnsons last gasp against Huddlesfield.

Didn't aprove of the celebration, but since then he's shown himself in a far better light, likewise Orr has been simply superb after such unjustified abuse from one of our own.

OK we only got a point, but that point could well be crucial come 5pm next week!

What were yours?

Second half Northampton (a).

Got to agree. That and the last minute winner at Donny. Both pivotal moments.

I think the win at chesterfield was key. It was an excellent performance and the start of a crucial set of away wins.

Enoch's goal v Crewe off the chest, if that had not gone in then I don't think we would of had a bit of confidance to carry on playing to the end the next week v Donny and keep pushing and hoping for somthing, and it did!

i would say the key moment with regards to this season happened about 18 months ago.

bringing in a certain 'conference manager'. didnt have a great few months to begin with, but you can put a lot of this season down to the way johnson had us playing in the latter stages of last season.

a few ins and outs later, and were on our way to the championship

Dave Cotteril sticking in a great solo goal against Northampton when we only had 10 men. Turned our season around and proved we had promotion credentials.

Captain Carey poking a 93rd minute winner in against Millwall to bring championship football to Bristol! :pray:

me thinking what were the key moments of this season so far, there have been many. (Hopefully one big one to come)

What were yours?

Us having to go up to Carlisle the form team of the leaguge and coming home with 3 points. Imo; we kicked ass when it mattered. Bring on Millwall.

The comebacks against Cheltenham, Bournemouth & Tranmere around December/January. We could have quite conceivably lost all 3 of those, and be scrapping for a play-off place now.

I remember posting at the time that those were the kind of points that I would remember, also the Leyton Orient game where we had to hang on to points that should have been in the bag.

Bradley Orr headbutting Carey was quite a turning point

It really was. At that point we had 3 points from 4 games, been knocked out of the FLC by a lower league side and there were some troubled rumblings on here and around the ground.

For the 10 men left on the field to not implode all together, but to turn the whole thing around and win was an incredible moment. We all know now the pressure that Bradley and the other accused were under and we can guess at how that pressure was affecting the dressing room.

The headbutt was an awful moment, the reaction to it was absolutely crucial.

What a topsy turvy season this has been!

Thinking back to where we were last season, relegation was on the cards, players in court and not playing for the shirt to where we are now. Nothing short of amazing.

As I mentioned in the thread, McCombes goal against Donny and Bassos save against Yeovil were huge in terms of our run in. But losing to Rovers in the cup could be seen as our major turning point as we really hit some form after all around us were losing theirs.

Some incredibly crucial moments - among them the late winners at Orient and Donny - but in terms of a turning point, there's no shadow of a doubt in my mind that we witnessed it at Northampton away. The whole atmosphere around the camp and among the supporters changed, and we suddenly saw a team that believed in themselves again and pulled together as a unit. The match looked like becoming a complete disaster, and the players pulled it round and turned it into a triumph.

If there was one pivotal moment, that was it.

For me the Huddersfield game and LJ goal, we were absolutely shocking that day and this was probably the day LJ turned his form right round.

and when Calderwood came out and said how nervous we get near the finishing line, did all GJ team talks for him in one interview. Cheers

:clapping::clapping::clapping::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br: Quality about calderwood.

For me it was a couple of minutes before half time at Northampton when Orr went for Carey. Also, the Brighton game at home in the league. 2 days after the court case. The way GJ handled both situations was second to none.

Archived