IGNORED

Bristol City Vs Colchester 1964

cider head

brilliant - really enjoyed it. Look how empty the east end appears to be - everyone is stading as close to the half way line as they can. I don't know if this is 63-64 or 64-65 season but I think possibly 64-65 - if it was then this was our promotion season. Atyeo scored the goal in this match and it ended

1-1. He's playing no 9 for us in the film It was played in October. 9,000 watched the game. Do you know anything about who took the film ?

brilliant - really enjoyed it. Look how empty the east end appears to be - everyone is stading as close to the half way line as they can. I don't know if this is 63-64 or 64-65 season but I think possibly 64-65 - if it was then this was our promotion season. Atyeo scored the goal in this match and it ended

1-1. He's playing no 9 for us in the film It was played in October. 9,000 watched the game. Do you know anything about who took the film ?

not sure who took the film but a member of this forum gave me a dvd a few months back with the footage on

(i just added music) and on the front of the dvd it says city vs colchester 10th october 1964 score 1-1 (atyeo)

also on the dvd front is the team line up of:

1: mike gibson

2: tony ford

3: alec briggs

4: gordon parr

5: jack connor

6: gordaon low

7: ray savino

8: brian clark

9: john atyeo

10: bobby williams

11: roger peters

Good stuff cider head. :thumbsup:

Looks like the East End wasn't popular with City fans on a sunny day, mostly empty and those fans who were in there are crowded near the front to catch some rays. Looks like quite a small crowd all round unless they're packed in behind the camera.

Those trees in the Park have lasted well.

Much preferred it when the teams emerged from the Enclosure.

Didn't the crowd look relaxed, not like the tension ridden wrecks who occupy AG these days, perhaps it was an end of season match with nothing to play for? :dunno:

love this clip. The east end still looks the same still.

But obviously the weirdest thing about that clip was the non-existance of the Dolman Stand :surrender:

There used to be a good number that watched the game from the balcony of the flats as I remember, including legend has it, a young Chris Garland.

Awful miss with a header in 2nd half by someone! :rolleyes:

Archived