IGNORED

What's Your Problem?

Guest realjet

Guest realjet

It seems weird that many supporters are more obsessed with the fortunes (or mis-fortunes) of clubs such as Man U than their own, I've had people who don't even like FOOTBALL taking the (I tried to say a naughty word).

It's like they have absolutely nothing better to do with their lives. Has it come to the stage where it is actually more fun "unsupporting" a club than supporting them?

For example Man Utd fans have a reason to celebrate the success because it's their team. Non United (or non-football ) fans 'should' have no reason to specifically want them to fail (the arrogance thing is also wildly over

exaggerated btw) - They tend to play good football and represent our country in Europe (most years ;)) I see no earthly reason not to put club rivalries aside and support them in these situations (some of it is down to simple jealousy though)

It sometimes feel that people are looking at things that are not there. Are United fans supposed to act differently to others?

Hope that lot makes sense, I've just had a 'discussion' with a 'football fan' and needed to let off some steam :Fume:

We'll, I'm one of those people, I dislike Man U with a passion. I think this is largely due to the amount of 'fans' who rave about their 'local teams sucess'. Most of the Man U fans I know have never ever been to old trafford but seem to be able to comment on their beloved team whilst mock my local club who I support with a passion (thats us by the way)

So yea - I like it when they lose, have players banned for doping offenses etc. - and am proud of it.

Guest realjet

Your absolutley right. People shouldn't be allowed to support a team that play mileage away from your house because, after all, you'll never get to watch them so what's the point :dunno:

this is largely due to the amount of 'fans' who rave about their 'local teams sucess'. Most of the Man U fans I know have never ever been to old trafford

I don't understand what you're saying here: if they've never been to a Man U match then they're probably not local! I've never heard anyone outside of Manchester refer to United as their 'local team' in my life, maybe it's just me...

People who support man u arent true footie fans unless their from manchester. What they are supporting is not football, its the success and the 'corporation'

A real football supporter will not care what division there team is and will support them through thick and thin. Man U fans will argue they do, but how many lows do they have?? And why not support there local team through thick and thin instead of supporting the fashionable team?

Guest realjet

People who support man u arent true footie fans unless their from manchester. What they are supporting is not football, its the success and the 'corporation'

That's the standard reaction from EVERY SINGLE anti-Man U fan, you probably don't understand what you're saying, let alone actually believe it. It's just the only way you have of getting a reaction out of a Man U fan which is great :ph34r:

A real football supporter will not care what division there team is and will support them through thick and thin. Man U fans will argue they do, but how many lows do they have??

A real football supporter eh? People like you who put more effort into supporting anti-supporting other teams - is that a real supporter?

I'm not sure why I started supporting Man U, I have absolutely no link with Manchester whatsoever, the only thing I can think off is that I saw them on telly playing good football and being successful (and dont start harping on "see, glory hunter" etc. etc. - this would've been when I was 5,6 years old ffs) So I enjoyed good football, sue me.

And why not support there local team through thick and thin instead of supporting the fashionable team

I can understand this if I chose my team to support when I knew better, but I was young and I started liking Man U. I didn't like lows and I enjoyed wearing a winning team's shirt who play well (plus I liked the colour red, If only city were winners :clap:). It's hard to just change the team you support after 10+ years when you've grown to support them like they're your own, and just because someone doesn't like the fact that supporters aren't confined to their own city for christs sake! It would be like me saying to you "why not go and support Bedminster FC?" (or whatever your team is in Bedminster, that's if you have one! :ph34r:)

When I was younger I went through a phase of supporting Man Utd, but I grew out of it! I'm not anti Man U, I just dont think its good for the game how people automatically support Man U/Arsenal. Dont get me wrong I love to watch these teams, for instance at the mo I love to watch Arsenal, but thats has far as it goes. Theres only one team for me BRISTOL CITY.

so called supporters who support prem teams for no reason apart from sucesss, are killing the game, the prem teams are rich the rest are poor, If everyone supported there local team this would'nt necessarily be the case.

I've got more respect for rovers fans than Man U fans (from everywhere but Manchester), as they are real football supporters.

I'm not anti Man U - In Europe I get behind them - cos they're English

I don't like man yoo and never will. mainly because of their arrogant fans who have never seen them play and then have the guile to ridicule me for who i support, because we are not "sucessful" many of them don't understand what football is about, they don't go so therefore can't possibly have the same passion and commitment of every other fan who goes to games whenever they can no matter who they support. I have met quite a few man yoo fans who go when they can or have season tickets, and they are no different to any fans of any other club that i have met. It is puerly because of their supposed fans that i dislike them.

liverpool had a bigger period of dominance yet they didn't have such arrogant plastic fans did they ?

Mabye it was like it was with Arsenal now, people who are plastic fans support the supreme quality of football rather than the sucess.

Guest realjet

When I was younger I went through a phase of supporting Man Utd, but I grew out of it!

No disrespect mate, but when you were younger you probably supported Man U b'cos they won stuff (which is fair enough). This may have been how I started too but as I got older instead of moving to support a local team, I supported Man U properly (as far as I could anyway). Rest assured when I get a car and a job I will be up and down to and from Manchester as much as I can :D

so called supporters who support prem teams for no reason apart from sucesss, are killing the game, the prem teams are rich the rest are poor, If everyone supported there local team this would'nt necessarily be the case

I agree with you about 'fans' supporting a team just because they are successful are not good for the game, but when a team goes through a decade of domination as Man U have then you're bound to get followers.

I've got more respect for rovers fans than Man U fans (from everywhere but Manchester), as they are real football supporters

As for everyone supporting local teams - I think it was Harry Rednapp that said "in Portsmouth everyone supports the local team [portsmouth], because they are in the top flight and there is no-one else in the area to support, you wont see a single person walking round town with a Man U or Arsenal shirt walking round Portsmouth CC" This is great and would be nice if everyone in cities around the country would do the same but that aint going to happen because they aren't successful. It's a shame people have this attitude :whistle:

It is puerly because of their supposed fans that i dislike them

I hate these people too, but it's often the real Man U fan who takes the s h i t because of these 'freeload fans'

Guest spudweiser30

Maybe it is because people like to support the winning teams and the more dominent teams, but everyone has a choice of who they support, its not for people like us to complain about fans who support winning teams and are never likely to watch a game for that club in there life!! you support who you support end of story, i have been brought up with city a constant name around the home etc.. i have a admiration for sides like Man U and Arsenal, but i look at is they are english clubs (maybe full of foreigners, but still english clubs) and i will support them if they are in the euro comps etc... but as for this its as far as i will go. City are my side always have been always will be, i love to watch them play when they are ******* and when they are playing well

Most Mnure fans know **** all about football, both here and abroad, and they only support them cos they win (Fair play to them for that)Look at the Japanese following England cos of Beckham, despite their own country playing in the last World Cup. and seeing dutch or Norwegian flags with Manure on them is surreal to say the least. Yes I know we have a Scandinavian fan club, but I'll bet the Manures only follow em cos they're winning, whereas ours are real fans. would be interested to hear what our Danish fellow fans have to say about it?

They patronise lower division fans, constantly. The club itself would rather the entire Nationwide faded away, and they dont even care about two thirds of the Prem, as they want more money to be divvied up among the G14 clubs.

I wernt born here, so I know the Mancs from where I was, and one thing which made ENGLISH football (and to a lesser degree Scottish) so strong was the 92 professional clubs in the league structure. Looking at the 70's-80's prior to the braindeads causing mayhem at Hysel, English clubs dominated the European cup competitions. Is it a coincidence that since the Prem started English clubs have won less competitions, I wonder?

Good luck to Arsenal I say, I dont find their fans much different to us, apart from the winners arrogance, which I can live with, unlike the the Mancs who, mostly just irritate the hell out of me.

Last point those who do get to games aint as bad as the mass of em, well I thinks so anyway.

I've never liked ManUre since I first realised there was a game called football. My earliest recollection of football (and its a bad memory) is Gerd Muller scoring the winning goal for West Germany in 1970 against Peter Spaghetti in the England goal.

So since 1970 I've been a football follower, and later that year I went to Ashton Gate and first watched Bristol city (who lost 0-4 to Oxford incidentally). Ever since, i've been a supporter and have not once even contemplated ManUre in a favourable light. I know about Charlton, Best, Law, Stiles and old Uncle Tom's Cobblers and all, but it makes no difference. ManUre were from another world and nothing to do with me. Similar to ARSEnal and Liverpuddle.

I don't give a monkey's gonads who is top of the league, as far as i'm concerned there's only one team that matters and that's Bristol City. The rest aren't fit for wiping my 'arris on.

I do dislike the arrogance of the fat cat teams and delight whenever they lose and the whingeing starts ad nauseum (Froguson, Arse Whinger and Hooooooooleeeerrrr are three of the biggest moaning carping sad sheissers I've ever heard). Compare that to Ravioli at Chelski, now THAT'S how to behave in a dignified manner. He's had all sorts of manure thrown at him yet he's conducted himself in a manner Froguson Whinger and Hoooleeerrrr would have no idea about. I don't like Chelski and their cheque-waving Russki chairman and I hope they don't win anything because it'll show you can't always buy success. But I do respect Ravioli, unlike the three spoilt brats.

As far as I'm concerned, the big teams do not give a jot about the future of football, they are only interested in their pockets and how much more money they can generate over the corpses of the rest of football in this country. So my friend, ManUre can go sord orf.

Guest realjet

This isn't about people liking Bristol City btw, it's about why people hate Man U. It's a given that most of you will be city fans (it is a city forum after all...) but I'm not interested in how much more you support city or why. I wanted to know why the hatred of Man U (and maybe some of the other big clubs) :ph34r:

Archived