IGNORED

Live Beam Back

Portishead Puffin

I got my ticket at 9:01am yesterday fully expecting the beamback to be sold out by midday, but it appears there are still tickets available even now.

I hope it does sell out because it will give greater encouragement for the board and commercial team to do something like this again.

Come on everybody it should be a great atmosphere, next best thing to being there surely?

I would think that they'll sell out.

If they do, and the Rotherham game completely sells out (which is looking likely), is it likely that they'll do another transmission for that match ?

Would there be enough interest to merit that ?

Interesting question. When you consider how many fans come out of the woodwork for special matches and special ocasions (43,000 to the mill stad) I would have thought that there might be an extra couple of thousand that would pay a reasonable price to go to the right venue.

Having said that, with the East End sold out, we will already have around 4/5000 more City fans in the ground than for any other game this season

IF we get promotion, there may well be a case for such screenings for some away games at AG if all they need is 2,000 to make it worthwhile - especially evening midweek games where travelling is difficult for fans.

It does seem a potential income generator and would enable supporters to see away games they normally wouldn't or couldn't get to see.

The Atyeo with food and booze available would make for a decent experience and a good atmosphere.

Down side being maybe less supporters travelling - and it does depend on how well we are doing of course.

And if the redevelopment of the ground goes ahead, we might need it for some home games as presumably, we would have to give up a section of the ground currently occupied by home supporters.....

I think more supporters will actually travel away next season - think of the grounds to visit and most of them are only about a 2 hours journey away.

Southampton, Plymouth, all the Midland clubs, BaaDiff,

Either way - if AG isn't used on a saturday - cant see their being any probs with city using the Dolman Exhibition Hall to show the games.

It could only happen if we sell out an away game. Our opponents wouldn't let a beamback happen otherwise because it'd mean their gate receipts will be reduced. I.E. Some people who were going to go to the game would go to the screening instead.

Also I doubt anyone would want to pay £12 on a regular basis just to watch the TV.

It could only happen if we sell out an away game. Our opponents wouldn't let a beamback happen otherwise because it'd mean their gate receipts will be reduced. I.E. Some people who were going to go to the game would go to the screening instead.

Also I doubt anyone would want to pay £12 on a regular basis just to watch the TV.

Also being in the championship means lots more sky coverage so it may not be needed

Archived