IGNORED

Pay-day For Lansdown

HibbsyBCFC

I work as a Financial Adviser and read this week that Hargreaves Lansdown have conifmed they are going ahead with their planned floatation on the London Stock Exchange next month - a flotation worth a cool £700 million!!

The deal is expected to net Steve Lansdown and his fellow owner Peter Hargreaves around £250 million each. Check out the link below:

News Story

don't get me wrong, I not expecting him to donate his little windfall to BCFC but doubling the wage bill (as rumoured) and releasing £1 or £2 million for signings looks perfectly realistic!!

Fingers crossed we'll be signing players to play Championchip football.

See you at The Den - Millwall 1 - City 2!!

Yes, they will be worth £250million each, but they won't be getting that in cash in their back pockets.

They are floating on the stock exchange, but are both keeping a 35% stake in the company. Each of them will get £70million in cash, leaving the 35% stake to be worth £180 million if they decide to cash their chips.

Good luck to them both, and I can't wait to hear from the muppets that reckon he should plough it all into to City.

Yes, they will be worth £250million each, but they won't be getting that in cash in their back pockets.

They are floating on the stock exchange, but are both keeping a 35% stake in the company. Each of them will get £70million in cash, leaving the 35% stake to be worth £180 million if they decide to cash their chips.

Good luck to them both, and I can't wait to hear from the muppets that reckon he should plough it all into to City.

if does put any in2 city it will proberly be in the form of a new stand

I can't see why SL shouldn't plough a considerable amount into the club. With proper investment and planning there is no reason why we can't be in the Premiership within 3 years.

We are a club on the up, it would be nice too see Steve match our ambitions by coming up with a substantial amount.

I know its easy for me to say but if I was chairman and had £70 million knocking around, I wouldn't think twice about investing £10 million at the very least.

Has anyone thought that Steve L & Peter H could be floating the company to generate enough cash to expand the business into other markets. I very much doubt either of them will relinquish large amounts of control of Hargreaves Lansdown a business that has been 25 years of there lives.

I can't see why SL shouldn't plough a considerable amount into the club. With proper investment and planning there is no reason why we can't be in the Premiership within 3 years.

We are a club on the up, it would be nice too see Steve match our ambitions by coming up with a substantial amount.

I know its easy for me to say but if I was chairman and had £70 million knocking around, I wouldn't think twice about investing £10 million at the very least.

Well , the good news is, the papers have all been signed and sealed today, fact! :ph34r:

Hopefully, that'll be good news for the club in terms of future investment but Steve L certainly doesn't have £70m lying around as it's all tied up. I think I'm correct in saying whatever he does make from this, be it £260m or more, it will come to him in period over four years and thus wouldn't be released for the club. The only way he would make an instant sum would be if the company was bought out.

I expect him to refinance the clubs debts though and free up a little scratch to compete in the Championship, both for wages and transfer fees. I would think £3m in transfer fees and the doubling of the wage bill would be sufficient...

Archived