IGNORED

Who's Got A Good Memory?

Eddie Hitler

Who was the lovely lady of mature years who was always down the front at away games and was a key member of the supporters club?

Beryl is ringing a bell but I could be way off here.

She the one who used to stand at the Front in the EE, where the away fans sit now, by the corner flag, nearest the Williams?

Going back a bit further - to the 80's - there was a guy who sat in the Williams, when I stood in the enclosure, whose name was Tony Harling. I remember it because he used to regularly write letters into the Green 'Un and get quoted in the Evening Post and on Radio Bristol. He came from somewhere in Herfordshire I think and travelled to every home game.

He was always very supportive - never shouted criticism and had the loudest voice I think I've ever heard. He always attracted attention as he was a little eccentric - wore a suit and tie, City scarf and hat and would stand up an sing all by himself!

When I eventually bought a season ticket for the Dolman I could still hear the bloke despite the fact that he was on the other side of the ground! Anyone else remember him?

Going back a bit further - to the 80's - there was a guy who sat in the Williams, when I stood in the enclosure, whose name was Tony Harling. I remember it because he used to regularly write letters into the Green 'Un and get quoted in the Evening Post and on Radio Bristol. He came from somewhere in Herfordshire I think and travelled to every home game.

He was always very supportive - never shouted criticism and had the loudest voice I think I've ever heard. He always attracted attention as he was a little eccentric - wore a suit and tie, City scarf and hat and would stand up an sing all by himself!

When I eventually bought a season ticket for the Dolman I could still hear the bloke despite the fact that he was on the other side of the ground! Anyone else remember him?

He was around in the 70's too, used to sing "Drink up thee Cider" at the top of his voice on his own over and over again.

Used to see him at all the away matches too, covered from head to foot in City regalia.

He's been mentioned before on here, think the general opinion was he either had a fall-out with the Club or suddenly completely lost interest - bit of a mystery because he was probably City's best known fan for years ( a bit like the Man.City bellringer) then he disappeared without trace.

As well as amuse, he used to irritate alot of people though and that just might have something to do with it. :dunno:

Archived