IGNORED

Irony

jimmer007

Cast your mind back to the 2002/03 season, the season when Murray got 26 goals, and we just fell short of promotion by 3 points. Who did we sign on loan from rotherham?

Yes mark robins. He scored 5 goals in 7 starts plus one sub appearance but was recalled with 8 league games still to play. What was even more frustrating he didn't even play every game, he only played about 3. Everybody said if we had Mark Robins in the team we would have won promotion.

Fast forward 5 years, pending the result on saturday against Millwall city may still require a result against the already relegated Rotherham on the last day of the season. It would be ironic if city did need a result against Rotherham, and we got it, in the back of Robins' mind he wouldn't be too dissapointed after all, as this could be his way of firing us to promotion, just 5 years late, do i hear any complaints?.

Come on boys, grab the win at Millwall, so we can have a proper party in the east end, and all around the stadium!!

remember it well, it was a nightmare, Mark Robbins was desperate to stay and play with us, But Ronnie Moore one of the few persons I really hate. decided that we would have to pay big bucks if we were to keep him and recalled him out of little more then spite and blackmail.

City stood up to him and refused to pay the stupid abouts of money he was asking for, but it probably did cost us promotion.

remember it well, it was a nightmare, Mark Robbins was desperate to stay and play with us, But Ronnie Moore one of the few persons I really hate. decided that we would have to pay big bucks if we were to keep him and recalled him out of little more then spite and blackmail.

City stood up to him and refused to pay the stupid abouts of money he was asking for, but it probably did cost us promotion.

If I recall correctly he was recalled as Rotherham were in danger of getting dragged into the relegation scrap. First game back he scored and they won, and that was his only time he played again that season.

Archived