IGNORED

Intimidating

tomvickeryBCFC

i didnt feel that the millwall ground was very intimidating today, I'm sure if the lower tier was open it would have been a bit different but its not a scary place to go!!

Also i believe the policing is totally different for them than for us or many other clubs at home. Like when they scored and there fans ripped up the segregation sheet the police just watched. If that was at the gate and especially in the east end, police would have tried to make arrests and charged in with their batons!! i think if they try to arrest people then the wall fans wont act like that, the fact that old bill let them own the place then yes they are going to do what they don't want.

i didnt feel that the millwall ground was very intimidating today, I'm sure if the lower tier was open it would have been a bit different but its not a scary place to go!!

Also i believe the policing is totally different for them than for us or many other clubs at home. Like when they scored and there fans ripped up the segregation sheet the police just watched. If that was at the gate and especially in the east end, police would have tried to make arrests and charged in with their batons!! i think if they try to arrest people then the wall fans wont act like that, the fact that old bill let them own the place then yes they are going to do what they don't want.

Those Millwall fans were standing all game, some of them on seats and no police line was put next to them and just 2 friendly and 'understanding' female stewards cajoling them not to step all over the sheeting.

There must have been a couple of hundred ( i could only see the lower tier) who were looking at us rather than the match all game. Couldn't believe the stewards and police took no action when they scored and trampled down the sheeting and surged at us. At AG there would have been a very strong police reaction, multiple arrests and that section would be closed for a long time. Instead they let them stay as close to us as they could possibly get even though they were in the sort of increasing frenzy that was liable to get out of hand any moment.

Really lucky the lower tier didn't have City fans in, that would have been a riot waiting to happen.

Incredible energy they had to be fair, some of them didn't stop shouting and gesticulating at us from 2.30 to 5 o'clock. Wierd lot with their masks and constant posturing and the crackpot belly beater at the end was particularly irksome.

You're right when you say they appear to own their ground - thety weren't scary but to a man and boy they were bloody odd.

I thought it was good of Millwall to provide Creche facilities in the corner of that stand. Very thoughtful.

The only funny bit of the day was their embarressing attempt at ripping up that "safety" sheet as if they made a play to get to the City fans for a scrap.....

.....even better was when they actually got through the sheeting and the police left them unchallenged, they didnt know what to do

The City fans were 30+ feet up in the 2nd tier.......unless they had trampolines stashed up their ars*s they couldnt get near us. Not that they ever wnated to of course, young sprogs full of White Ligthening....full of bravado

tbf, indeed.

If City could generate half that atmosphere for a supossed 'nothing' game then I would pipe down.

What is it with City's fans seeming inability to sing up?

When I arrived in my seat at 2.50 I just had that feeling it wasn't going to be our day. The atmosphere wouldn't have been out of place at our annual pre season friendly at Forest Green.

They're an embarrassment!

.......... mind you thou,

great atmosphere in there!!,

No wonder your players are doing well!!,

must make the hairs on the back of their necks stand on edge when your lot start singing and chanting, something distinctly lacking at Ashton Gate!!,

Still trying to work out the song the PA system blares out when you score, but at least it's better than that awful Amarillo rubbish!!.

Good Luck for next season!!,

:farmer:

i wonder how many of them actually saw you're goal as they seemed to only be interested in our fans.

They didn't even stay to applaud your players. disgraceful!

I thought the same Barry. Do those chavvy fans know the players names? They seemed to spend the whole game goading us city fans.

I thought the atmosphere we created was pretty good. I was up the back to the right of the goal and it was quality up there. I severely doubt they create an atmosphere like they did yesterday for run of the mill home games when Rotherham or Chesterfield visit. The fact that there's been niggle between our two clubs in the past probably went some way to be responsible for that IMO

Couldn't believe the stewards and police took no action when they scored and trampled down the sheeting and surged at us. At AG there would have been a very strong police reaction, multiple arrests and that section would be closed for a long time.

They couldn't get to us even if they wanted to and most wouldn't know what to do if they could. They didn't achieve anything by pulling the sheeting up and the police probably see it every other week.

The difference is if it was at AG is there is no upper-tier which is the best segregation you can have.

If you went by coach it wasnt intimidating!!! Next time go by train and see if your posting the same thing. Whilst there wasnt a hint of trouble, it was still a little un-nerving getting off the train and walking alongside Millwall fans.

Credit to millwall though. They had nothing to play for but still created a superb atmosphere, something we lack at ashton gate!

at least i made £1.10 out of the throwing coin yobs.

most of them were just out of their nappies.

it was that lot in the corner that was causing the trouble but as soon as the police

were looking at them , they turned to watch the football.

when they were gone they started again.

one steward didn't do anything when one of our players went to take a throw in

and had a bottle thrown at him and was spat at several times.

.......... mind you thou,

great atmosphere in there!!,

No wonder your players are doing well!!,

must make the hairs on the back of their necks stand on edge when your lot start singing and chanting, something distinctly lacking at Ashton Gate!!,

Still trying to work out the song the PA system blares out when you score, but at least it's better than that awful Amarillo rubbish!!.

Good Luck for next season!!,

:farmer:

Obviously the atmosphere isn't always like yesterdays but it rocks when theres 16/17000 in there. By the way these are the words to our theme tune that was played over the PA as we took the pitch and after we scored, there's another verse or two on the official record but i can't remember 'em. So here we go one two three.........

Let 'em come

Let 'em come

Let em' come

Let 'em all come down to the Den

Let 'em come

Let 'em come

Let em' come

We'll only have to beat 'em again

We're the best team in London

No! the best team of all

Everybody knows us we're called MILLWALL!

Let 'em come

Let 'em come

Let em' come

It's Saturday at Coldblow lane we've all come down to cheer

We've 'ad our jellied eels and our glass a beer

Come rain or shine all the time our families we'll bring

And as the Lions roll on the pitch

Everyone will sing:

Let 'em come

Let 'em come

Let em' come

Let 'em come

Let 'em come

Let 'em come

We'll only have to beat 'em again

We're the best team in London

No the best team of all

Everybody knows us

We're called MILLWALL

Let ' em come

Let 'em come

Let 'em come

LET EM ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

COME DOWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNN

TO THE DE'EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNN!!!!!!!!

If you went by coach it wasnt intimidating!!! Next time go by train and see if your posting the same thing. Whilst there wasnt a hint of trouble, it was still a little un-nerving getting off the train and walking alongside Millwall fans.

Credit to millwall though. They had nothing to play for but still created a superb atmosphere, something we lack at ashton gate!

yeah we had walk past there pub :ph34r: but other than that i think personally cardiff is more intimidating than millwall(my opinion) :surrender:

i did find walk through london bridge after the game very funny

Archived