IGNORED

Robbie Fowler Leaving Liverpool In The Summer

Haster

sign him up i say

20k a week plus 3k win bonus

that will get them banging the net.

he would be a gate puller as well.

everyone says not another stewart situation, but to be honest i would still rather have stewart over brooker and jevons even on double the wage.

15 assists and 8 goals at yeovil, cant be knocked for an attacking midfielder

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Is this the worst transfer suggestion ever?

Robbie will leave Liverpool though, i was surprised they bothered to keep him for this year. He's just not up to it anymore. He's not even an impact player off the bench. With Cisse coming back because they can't flog him and Voronin already signed there's no room there for him.

1) He wouldn't step down, he doesn't need the money

2) Signing a 32 year old on obscene wages is the sort of stupid risk we don't need to take

3) He has a poor injury record

4) There is no way on earth he fits into GJ's mentality

In other words it ain't going to happen and I'm glad it isn't. I've heard few worse suggestions.

is it silly week already?

Fowler is well know to be going to either the MLS or the A-League for a nice payday,

why would he want to play in the championship?

besides we should concerntrate on getting their first before thinking of silly signings

is it silly week already?

Fowler is well know to be going to either the MLS or the A-League for a nice payday,

why would he want to play in the championship?

besides we should concerntrate on getting their first before thinking of silly signings

My guess is Johnson will raid some Eastern European poor house - sign some unknown like Bollokov or Jetski and hope like buggereee he turns into a crowd pleasing Dzeikanowski

Rumour I heard coming from Birmingham was that Forssell was going to sign for City on loan in Jan but it fell through at the 11th hour (I know some people that know some people in a huggy bear stylee) but due to injury problems at Blues it didn't happen....I do hear though that he may be on a season long loan with City if your promoted (which I reckon is a 99% sorted!) to regain match sharpness and fitness before returning to Birmingham... He's knocking in the goals for the reserves at the moment so I think he'd do a great job next season.....

Personally if you could get him I'd go for DJ Campbell from Birmingham, scored 9 in 15 apps (most as sub) and would do a great job in the championship but never got a real look in with Jerome, Vine, Bendtner, McShefferey and now Cole being there.....

Matty.

Thats exactly what I'm saying and if you could see beyond the name you'd have an idea what I'm talking about........and one or two others on here with normal powers of reasoning.

Like people did with Marcus Stewart?

Robbie Fowler would bang goals in for fun in the Championahip, which is exactly the type of striker that we need. So who would you want us to sign then? Another un-known who hasnt scored goals or played in English football?

More chance of us signing Pauline Fowler, and she's snuffed it!!!!! Still she would be well acquainted with The East End,and could wear a dashing red cardigan advertising Blackthorn.Would wonder what had happened to Grant Mitchell when she clocked Our Diamond Geezah Gal Johnson, innit!!? :tv_horror::tv_horror: :coat:

I've seen Fowler pay twice this season and he is exactly what you would think, not as good as Kuyt, Crouch or Bellamy. But the idea that his skils have slipped to such a level that the idea of City taking him for one season is plainly not true. When I saw him his touch was sure and this season, when given the chance, he has perected the litlle 7 yard 'dink' pass that splits defences. He doesn't grab the headlines anymore (penalties aside) but he makes the other srtiker look good.

I can see why many wouldn't want him at City, but to say the idea is rubbish because Fowler is nowhere near good enough for City is just plain nonsense.

Anyway, it is all moot as he is going to play in the US.

Robbie Fowler would bang goals in for fun in the Championahip, which is exactly the type of striker that we need. So who would you want us to sign then? Another un-known who hasnt scored goals or played in English football?

I'd like us to sign two goalscorers, who they are, I don't know. What I do know is that RF wont be signing for us( this is where I insert the expression 'get real'), and I'd be very surprised if he banged in goals for anyone in the championship.

That worked out well didn't it?

Robbie Fowler would bang goals in for fun in the Championahip, which is exactly the type of striker that we need.

He might, for a season, if he stayed fit and stayed off the Columbian marching powder. For £20-£30k a week, if he could be persuaded to make the step down, which he won't.

He's already got more money than anyone could spend in 5 lifetimes and could walk into a big contract at a higher level - why on earth would he even think about it for starters?

If we were thinking about spending that sort of money, blowing it all on a 32 year old would be the height of stupidity.

So who would you want us to sign then? Another un-known who hasnt scored goals or played in English football?

A promising YOUNG striker who would be far greater value for money and be a good player for us for years to come. Someone like Luke Varney, Karl Hawley, Nicky Maynard, Leon Best.

Archived