IGNORED

Rotherham - A Significant Note Of Caution

Olé

I'm nothing less than positive and not trying to be smart here, but please seriously bear in mind that it's not quite the case that Rotherham have nothing to play for next week because 'they're already relegated'. As far as league points are concerned, no they're not.

Should they win at Ashton Gate and Leyton Orient lose at Huddersfield, they will actually have escaped relegation on goal difference, but been relegated by the 10 point deduction. I can imagine it is a significant incentive for them to achieve this because of the point it will make.

I simply thought it was worth mentioning this, as to me this is a very specific target for them (I would imagine it would be for us if we were in their position and felt it was unjust) so this side we're up against is not the traditional one with nothing to play for by a long long shot.

Of course fingers crossed league form and ability will win out and we'll secure the victory we're all absolutely desperate for, but lets be focused enough from the word go to know that there WILL be TWO teams with good reason to fight for every inch, and approach the battle accordingly. :chant6ez:

I can see why that would be an incentive to them, particularly in light of their chairman's recent comments, but it could also work in our favour as Rotherham would need to win, rather than putting ten men behind the ball and looking to be party-spoilers. :city:

Their players have a theoretical target, but our players have an actual one which ought to count for more. Plus the table suggests that our players are simply better.

Rotherham won't be easy to beat but it should be possible and if our players are the moderately talented professionals that they're paid to be then they will win.

to be honest I'm not that cofedent(:laugh: i wont change the spelling cus its too funny)...i hope I'm wrong!

To concede 4 at home to Cheltenham is enough to tell me they're easy meat.

The task is simple - aim to score as early as possible, subdue the away crowd, demoralise their side and kill the game shortly after half time with another 1 or 2.

Hold on to your pants if it's 1-0 to us with 10 mins to go though.

To be honest, i doubt Rotherham could care less if they theoretically get enough points to stay up. They're already down, and that's what matters. Hopefully they'll come into the game against us in a 'thank god this year's going to be over' frame of mind, rather than 'lets prove a point'.

If Rotherham play well enough to allow Forest, the most hated team for Millers, they will be publicly lynched on their return South Yorkshire.

Think Coal.

FROM THE ROTHERHAM BOARD:

Posted by donnydresser on 29 Apr 2007 10:13 Complain | Prev | Next | Reply

Final game. Will the Millers go out in style? (Forest Fan) ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do fans think will happen at Bristol? Have the Millers got the will to win? Is there any spirit in the side? Are Forest fans gettting their hopes up unrealistically? Hope you stuff 'em.

[iP address logged]

Posted by rolymiller on 29 Apr 2007 10:16 Complain | Reply

re: Final game. Will the Millers go out in style? (Forest Fa ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only if we play like we did against you. don't build your hopes up too much though.

[iP address logged]

Posted by jvmiller on 29 Apr 2007 10:37 Complain | Reply

The team can't even win when it matters for them so can't see them winning to benefit someone else!

[iP address logged]

Posted by merry_miller on 29 Apr 2007 10:42 Complain | Reply

yeah we'll stylishly get beat 5-0

[iP address logged]

Posted by MILLERS1884 on 29 Apr 2007 10:42 Complain | Reply

ITS DIFFICULT THIS ONE COS I DON'T WANT 'BIG HEADED' 'WE'RE A BIG CLUB' SCABBY FOREST TO WIN OWT AND SHOULD WE DO BRISTOL IT GIVES FOREST A CHANCE UNLESS OF COURSE FOREST LOSE AS WELL BUT THEN WE don't STOP BRISTOL...

OH BUGGAR IT WIN FOR US AND **** FOREST

[iP address logged]

Posted by NottinghamMiller on 29 Apr 2007 10:56 Complain | Reply

I hope we lose to Bristol City & send Forest into the play offs where they make it to Wembley and lose infront of 45,000 scabs.

[iP address logged]

Posted by retfordred on 29 Apr 2007 11:49 Complain | Reply

We love you too.

[iP address logged]

Posted by tyson_9 on 29 Apr 2007 19:53 Complain | Reply

Nice to see the fans of the club we're putting our promotion hopes on think of us as a nice club and one they would like to do a favour for .

[iP address logged]

Posted by George_Bennett on 29 Apr 2007 19:56 Complain | Prev | Next | Reply

Yeah they do us proud don't they, because, :laugh: :laugh: PMSL, everybody who supports Forest scabbed in the miners strike blah blah blah, MiLlEr 4 LyFE, I hate tories, Coppers are all filth, etc etc

If Rotherham play well enough to allow Forest, the most hated team for Millers, they will be publicly lynched on their return South Yorkshire.

Think Coal.

Very good point. This has also crossed my mind. I know it was 23 years ago but what happened in 1984 has left bitter hatred by Yorkshire communities towards Nottinghamshire which will be passed down to generation upon generation. Whatever your political persuasion or the rights and wrongs of the strike, it does set a curious scenario. Rotherham must have played their nuts off to get a point at Forest the other week. It may just be in our favour that Forest's chances of auto promotion lie in the hands of Rotherham.... two fingers up to the scabs?... just a thought.

Very good point. This has also crossed my mind. I know it was 23 years ago but what happened in 1984 has left bitter hatred by Yorkshire communities towards Nottinghamshire which will be passed down to generation upon generation. Whatever your political persuasion or the rights and wrongs of the strike, it does set a curious scenario. Rotherham must have played their nuts off to get a point at Forest the other week. It may just be in our favour that Forest's chances of auto promotion lie in the hands of Rotherham.... two fingers up to the scabs?... just a thought.

Since at the time I was a) only a small kid and b) hadn't even come to England, can someone explain exactly what this is about? Am I right in thinking from these messages that stand-in workers from Nottingham crossed the picket lines to operate the mines in Rotherham whilst their Yorkshire colleagues were striking?

aim to score as early as possible, subdue the away crowd,

Not sure there's going to be an away 'crowd' :laugh: but an early goa is important as word wil quickly get to Nottingham and Swansea and the earlier we can have their fans passing the message onto the pitch that the chase is pointless, the better.

Not sure there's going to be an away 'crowd' :laugh: but an early goa is important as word wil quickly get to Nottingham and Swansea and the earlier we can have their fans passing the message onto the pitch that the chase is pointless, the better.

Theyve only sold 67 tickets. So thats 1 coach and a mini bus. Either that or 1 coach and stick the rest with the players.

Since at the time I was a) only a small kid and b) hadn't even come to England, can someone explain exactly what this is about? Am I right in thinking from these messages that stand-in workers from Nottingham crossed the picket lines to operate the mines in Rotherham whilst their Yorkshire colleagues were striking?

It was a little deeper than that. The Nottingham Miners were so determined to carry on working that they created their own break away union from the National Union of Miners(NUM) also called the NUM (Nottingham Union of Miners) and they continued to work throughout the whole thing.

Didn't make them or the rest of Nottingham too popular at the time or apparently, since.

Archived