IGNORED

Fao Bristol Boy

Henry

Still a waste of money!

Too early to judge. Give him a while to settle in, I know its not an excuse but he has just had a kid as well so it can't be easy.

Players sometimes take time to settle down in a new club, Lee Johnson is a perfect example of this.

Same applies to Wilson.

A majority of GJ's signings have been fantastic, so have faith!

he has just had a kid as well so it can't be easy.

Is that why he can't run!!

Players sometimes take time to settle down in a new club, Lee Johnson is a perfect example of this.

Same applies to Wilson.

A majority of GJ's signings have been fantastic, so have faith!

I've watched Betsy since January-He's been poor neither scoring or creating many goals.Wilson has no goals but more assists (Two against Yeovil, one against Forest) but he's not the answer and neither is Betsy on the left of midfield.

Nearly everytime you mention Betsy in a post, you quote the figure paid for him is 150k with 100k paid after promotion.

This is not entirely true, so maybe you would like a read of this?

Betsy's profile.

Oh that's alright then, we've only shelled out £200k for a player who's no imporovement on what we had.I feel so much better.Now explain the compelling business logic in GIVING Scott Brown to Cheltenham and spending £300k on Wilson & Betsy......Christ we didn't even get Kepple in the deal. :disapointed2se:

Wilson has no goals but more assists (Two against Yeovil, one against Forest) but he's not the answer and neither is Betsy on the left of midfield.

In a argument such as this I think Wilson has the advantage over Betsy in terms of 'value for money'.

Being both younger and cheaper, and also being played out of position (I realise he played left wing for Chelts, but he is recognised as a right back) I think he has potential to be a decent player for us, at this level or higher. He has a bit of pace and, as you mentioned, can get assists, but he also displays a fair amount of defencive awareness. He also has a goal unfairly ruld out of offside against Northampton, and at least he's put in a few shots on target, unlike some other players.

Betsy might just be Wycombe's player of the season. Not only did they get 38 games and 5 goals out of him this season (including a couple of top performances against Premiership opposition), they also got 200K out of him too! Considering the season he was having before we picked him up, and his career history with Barnsley at championship level, I cannot blame GJ for buying Betsy. However, he seems very undynamic and has only highlighted what a rare talent players like Scotty Murray possess. He may come good (and it's likely GJ will give him time) but if I was GJ I'd be seriously considering getting in some serious compertition and guaging Betsy's reaction.

Archived