IGNORED

How Much Would You Lose To See City Promoted?

Prague Red

Here is the plan. I'm going to "lay" City to win on Saturday at the main betting exchange i.e. bfair. My reasoning is I want substantial compensation should we not do the business. Given who we are playing I imagine the odds on us winning to be pretty low (1.30) Therefore the question to forumites is how much to risk losing to see our boys win and go up?

Don't normally bet against City but given the circumstances I'm going to need substantial drinking funds on Saturday night should we not win and have to go into those infernal play offs.

I never bet agaisnt city but see where your coming from. I do have a bet on city winning with a freind though(£100). To be honest losing the money would mean noting because i will be so depressed if we do lose, just drowning my sorrows in my local boozer.

But I'm sure its not going to come to that.........is it? :crying:

If you lay City then if we don't win - you win the bet. FYI if the odds are 1.30 on City to win then if you lay City for £1 and we win you have to pay 30p. If we don't win i.e. draw or lose then you keep the £1.

Given the circumstances of this game I would happily pay someone a lot of money to see City win. If we don't win then I want an even bigger amount of money back to help me drink away the pain. Its a no lose situation

If you lay City then if we don't win - you win the bet. FYI if the odds are 1.30 on City to win then if you lay City for £1 and we win you have to pay 30p. If we don't win i.e. draw or lose then you keep the £1.

If City don't win what do you get? From the above it looks like you just get your pound back, but you must win something as well otherwise it wouldn't be worth the bet

Given the circumstances of this game I would happily pay someone a lot of money to see City win. If we don't win then I want an even bigger amount of money back to help me drink away the pain. Its a no lose situation

I've laid City for promotion at odds off 1.44 on betfair.... just hoping I lose my money.

Laying is like being the bookie. So if you lay City to win then you are effectively taking somebody elses bet that City are going win. If they then do win you have to pay out the winnings. If City don't win you keep the bet.

So for example if you lay City at odds of 1.30 for £1 you are taking somebody elses £1 bet that city win. If they do win you give the £1.30 back (£1 *1.30) but remember £1 of that is the person's stake so you only lose 30p. If City don't win you keep £1.

Scale it up if you are prepared to risk £30 on seeing City win and get promoted then you would take somebodies bet of £100 at those odds. If we don't win you win £100. If we do win you lose £30 but hey who care - we're up!

I'm assuming the odds of 1.30 (which is something like 1/3 on) but I can't imagine it being much higher odds than that. The only other thing is that the exchange takes a 5% commission on any winnings you make.

Hope that helps - I should be on commission for the exchange sites at this rate.

If you're going to bet against City, then bet very big, but personally, I don't think any amount I won would soften the blow of not going up. Tempted to have a flutter, but if it comes in, it's dirty money, isn't it?

Dirty money that can be quickly laundered at a local public house or converted in play off tickets!

Archived