IGNORED

Bcfc 76-79 Videos

ciderup

The good old days

Jimmy Mann, Norman bites yer legs, Cheese, Super Gerry Gow et al. What a team!!!!

We are going up!!!! Honest.

Superb vid.

Let us pray for another open bus tour in the near future.

One minor point. You should retitle 1974-1979, I'm sure Donnie Gillies v Leeds was in '74.

Also, any Kevin Mabbutt vid's ?

...ahh, the Good Ol' Days! - Great Vid, -brings back many youthful memories ... thanks, got anymore where that one come from?

Should be COMPULSORY viewing for ALL CITY FANS, past, present & future....

If youre in the East End Saturday -take note, THATS THE SORT OF ATMOSPHERE WE WANT! - FOOTBALL WAS SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO EVERY WEEK BACK THEN.... - LETS DO IT AGAIN!!!

( & keep campaigning to get some of the bloody seats replaced with terracing again... its a feeling you'll cherish forever if you get the chance to someday experience it... de-sanitise football & reclaim it for the working classes!! )

EVERYONE should watch this video - it should be AGAINST THE LAW not to !! :)

The good old days

Jimmy Mann, Norman bites yer legs, Cheese, Super Gerry Gow et al. What a team!!!!

We are going up!!!! Honest.

Such a good video. Can't stop watching. Being a supporter from abroad it was hard to follow City those days. No Bristol City World, Sky Sport or internet. Used to listen to BBC World for half and full time scores but it was often hard to hear what they actually said. Waiting for the morning paper was the obvious option but we often called the big papers in the evening once they got the results in. Guess they where not to happy with that : ) Starting to support City fifteen years old 1977 and with no money in the family it was no chance I was to see City live in England in the seventees. Luckily City had several trainingcamps in Sweden at the time and in the summer of 1979 I watched IFK Vasteras v City (1-3) so I have seen many of the players live. A few years later I watched IFK Mölnlycke v City (0-6). Remember sleeping at the Central station in Gothenburg without sleeping bag or anything. Had paid a pals trainjourney to join me and coulden't afford at hotel. Coulden't tell though. He had a go at me about that and only appologied a couple of years ago : )

Such a good video. Can't stop watching. Being a supporter from abroad it was hard to follow City those days. No Bristol City World, Sky Sport or internet. Used to listen to BBC World for half and full time scores but it was often hard to hear what they actually said. Waiting for the morning paper was the obvious option but we often called the big papers in the evening once they got the results in. Guess they where not to happy with that : ) Starting to support City fifteen years old 1977 and with no money in the family it was no chance I was to see City live in England in the seventees. Luckily City had several trainingcamps in Sweden at the time and in the summer of 1979 I watched IFK Vasteras v City (1-3) so I have seen many of the players live. A few years later I watched IFK Mölnlycke v City (0-6). Remember sleeping at the Central station in Gothenburg without sleeping bag or anything. Had paid a pals trainjourney to join me and coulden't afford at hotel. Coulden't tell though. He had a go at me about that and only appologied a couple of years ago : )

Are you from Sweden? how come you support the City?

excellent!! a lot of headed goals.

Only black spot was seeing Cheesley getting carried off like that.

yep it's quality it's what i grew up on ''MY FANS OF THE FUTURE'' experience back then and you can't replace that atmosphere

now it's gone.

Seeing Cheesley carried off was as as sad as not seeing city back in the top flight again,

it shows how important a striker he was for us back then.

Are you from Sweden? how come you support the City?

To make a long story short I have no connection to Bristol but like many Scandinavians have an English favourite team (your football has been on telly here since the late sixtees as our league takes break over the winter). My team was Liverpool. Not much fun. Victory expected week in and week out. Sitting with the morning paper one day they only managed a draw at home against you guess who. We where just above the relegation line and in the next round we beat Middlesbrough 4-1 with Royle scoring all four. Stucked since then. Coulden't help it really..

To make a long story short I have no connection to Bristol but like many Scandinavians have an English favourite team (your football has been on telly here since the late sixtees as our league takes break over the winter). My team was Liverpool. Not much fun. Victory expected week in and week out. Sitting with the morning paper one day they only managed a draw at home against you guess who. We where just above the relegation line and in the next round we beat Middlesbrough 4-1 with Royle scoring all four. Stucked since then. Coulden't help it really..

Good man ... :laugh: !

Archived