IGNORED

Rotherham Beamback Screening

Tim S

I have seen a couple of threads about the club possibly putting on a screening for the Rotherham game.

Great idea! But it wont happen.... heres why....

1) Too short notice. If it was going to happen, we would have heard by now.

2) Upwards of 19,200 City fans at Ashton Gate on Saturday. There were only 2,000 fans that went to Millwall, and the beamback at Whitchurch only got 1,800 people attending. So if there are already over 19,000 fans going to the game at Ashton Gate, I cant imagine the screening would attract enough people. Well at least maybe not enough to justify the costs of putting it on. Although, having said that, I did think that £12 a ticket (£15 on the day) for the screening was a bit steep - maybe if it was cheaper, they might have attracted more people.

3) The Police probably wont allow it or at least they would certaintly voice their disapproval if we did try and do it. They already have enough to concentrate on with nearly 20,000 fans at Ashton Gate, they wont want the headache of dealing with another potential 2,000 in another part of the City.

There are probably other reasons too that I havent listed.

Having said all that - if anyone from the Media department reads this, and thinks "Stuff the short notice, lets do it" then my offer of The Syndicate still stands!!!!!

I have seen a couple of threads about the club possibly putting on a screening for the Rotherham game.

Great idea! But it wont happen.... heres why....

1) Too short notice. If it was going to happen, we would have heard by now.

2) Upwards of 19,200 City fans at Ashton Gate on Saturday. There were only 2,000 fans that went to Millwall, and the beamback at Whitchurch only got 1,800 people attending. So if there are already over 19,000 fans going to the game at Ashton Gate, I cant imagine the screening would attract enough people. Well at least maybe not enough to justify the costs of putting it on. Although, having said that, I did think that £12 a ticket (£15 on the day) for the screening was a bit steep - maybe if it was cheaper, they might have attracted more people.

3) The Police probably wont allow it or at least they would certaintly voice their disapproval if we did try and do it. They already have enough to concentrate on with nearly 20,000 fans at Ashton Gate, they wont want the headache of dealing with another potential 2,000 in another part of the City.

Having said all that - if anyone from the Media department reads this, and thinks "Stuff the short notice, lets do it" then my offer of The Syndicate still stands!!!!!

Get a screen in Ashton Park!! Make it free as well.

Yeah, like the fact that a live beamback is the kiss of death as far as winning is concerned!

Can anyone work out how many times we have won such fixture? The only time I have seen us win on TV at a club arranged function was a win against Cardiff in the league in December a few years ago and that was on Sky anyway.

Having witnessed both the Rovers shambles and now the Millwall game on the big screen, I will be giving these a miss from now on. And that includes a potential away leg of the play offs if we c**k it up on Saturday.

And on a slight tangent, anyone recall a game that we have won when the Wurzels have been played before the game?! Some of us that travel to away games have a superstition that we will not play their music before a game - after it if we have won naturally. They played Drink up thy Zider at Whitchurch and the Walkabout Cardiff played a Wurzels medley before the Brighton play off final. And I seem to recall us struggling to win games when the Wurzels have performed at AG before or during the game. Coincidence or curse?!

Archived