IGNORED

The Being A City Fan Scenorio

Dolman Block B

Probably not aimed at the younger generation on this forum, but to the rest of you..."bet your thinking about noubt else than saturdays game?"

I'm restless in bed, cant think about nothing else in work, and am recieving texts and e mails from fellow City fans feeling the same as me!!!

See us more elder fans are so use to being let down, that are stomach,s are starting to make noises.

We want our club up so badly, the playoffs are NOT an option.

Simply we don't want to face it.

Lets not be in any doubt, our club has the best opportunity EVER sat to gain promotion.

So in just over 48 hours its all going to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on my Red beauties, we all know you can do it, prove us right this time........Arn

Probably not aimed at the younger generation on this forum, but to the rest of you..."bet your thinking about noubt else than saturdays game?"

I'm restless in bed, cant think about nothing else in work, and am recieving texts and e mails from fellow City fans feeling the same as me!!!

See us more elder fans are so use to being let down, that are stomach,s are starting to make noises.

Lets not be in any doubt, our club has the best opportunity EVER sat to gain promotion.

Come on my Red beauties, we all know you can do it, prove us right this time........Arn

I've had so many disappointments with City that i usually take "big" games in my stride, but not this one. More nervous about Saturday than any game i can remember.

Being City it just had to go to the last game - even as I boarded the coach to Millwall I wasn't confident we could clinch it that day. Get promoted and have no pressure on the last day? :dunno: - no chance, that's not the City way.

It's the lack of a goalscorer that's the biggest worry - if Rotherham score first, quite possible, do we have the players to get the 2 goals needed with the immense pressure they'll be under? Someone who can score a goal out of nothing?

We know we'll lose if it goes to the play-offs, that's a given.

We have to win, Forest and Blackpool will, you can bet your life on it.

Saturday could be ecstasy or disaster and the worry is that each scenario is just as possible as the other.

Just pray for an early City goal, that the luck goes with us on the day, and at long last us long suffering 'old 'uns' have a day to remember. :pray::city:

with you on that one arn,,cant think of nothing else

I've had so many disappointments with City that i usually take "big" games in my stride, but not this one. More nervous about Saturday than any game i can remember.

Being City it just had to go to the last game - even as I boarded the coach to Millwall I wasn't confident we could clinch it that day. Get promoted and have no pressure on the last day? :dunno: - no chance, that's not the City way.

It's the lack of a goalscorer that's the biggest worry - if Rotherham score first, quite possible, do we have the players to get the 2 goals needed with the immense pressure they'll be under? Someone who can score a goal out of nothing?

Saturday could be ecstasy or disaster and the worry is that each scenario is just as possible as the other.

Just pray for an early City goal, that the luck goes with us on the day, and at long last us long suffering 'old 'uns' have a day to remember. :pray::city:

Long suffering old 'un here!!

I said the same thing about goals before we played Yeovil & Carlisle and I wonder what odds you'd have got on City winning both, scoring five and conceeding one??

It's a funny old game and one thing that is true about this season is that we've had EIGHTEEN different goal scorers so whilst we've no one prolific we do have players that can chip in-So come Saturday I hope there's a lot of chipping going on!! :winner_third_h4h:

I said the same thing about goals before we played Yeovil & Carlisle and I wonder what odds you'd have got on City winning both, scoring five and conceeding one??

It's a funny old game and one thing that is true about this season is that we've had EIGHTEEN different goal scorers so whilst we've no one prolific we do have players that can chip in-So come Saturday I hope there's a lot of chipping going on!! :winner_third_h4h:

I wish Bradley Orr had saved his wonder goal for Millwall or Rotherham.

How many more goals has McCombe got in him. :dunno:

Oh, for a Bob Taylor or Leroy or even a fit Scott Murray, someone who is actually quite likely to score. Christian Roberts even. :yes:

First half hat-trick from Enoch would calm the nerves nicely, chances are though we'll still be agonising with 15 minutes to go. :sweatingbullets:

I cant think of anything else from the minute i wake up to the minute i go to sleep. I gotta get about 6 or 7 Blackthorn's inside me tomorrow night for me to be able to get any sort of sleep ready for the big day!

Don't do that and oversleep, son.

Cor, just think how pi$$ed off you'd be if you did that.

After what happened Saturday with the CATS, I'm coming down to Bristol tonight.

130 Miles-Two and a half days-Not travelling with Bakers Dolphin-Mrs will be driving, she's not Polish.....Yesssss, should be sound :yahoo:

would probably be classed as younger generation, but still had fair share of disappointment.

my stomach is making many noises, might be from last nights copious amounts of alcohol aswell though!

i know a few Forest fans so i don't think i would be able to handle the gloating if the unthinkable was to happen!

oh and one more thing........

BRING ON SATURDAY! :city:

With you again Arn,

31 seasons of this but the nerves have kicked in BIG time!

don't like the feeling days like Saturday bring although these are the days we hope for when we nail our colours to the mast of the good ship Bristol City.

Nervous,anxious,damn right scared could be followed by delerious,exstatic,VERY drunk or.............We wont even go there!

C'MON CITY,SATURDAY IS OUR DAY!

Don't do that and oversleep, son.

Cor, just think how pi$$ed off you'd be if you did that.

After what happened Saturday with the CATS, I'm coming down to Bristol tonight.

130 Miles-Two and a half days-Not travelling with Bakers Dolphin-Mrs will be driving, she's not Polish.....Yesssss, should be sound :yahoo:

Na i wont oversleep. I wont allow myself to. My mate is coming round at 11:10 so we can get the 11:25 bus from Patchway with my dad. Then 24 from Broadmead to the ground and straight in the DEH

Could,nt have put it better cocker.....

With you again Arn,

31 seasons of this but the nerves have kicked in BIG time!

don't like the feeling days like Saturday bring although these are the days we hope for when we nail our colours to the mast of the good ship Bristol City.

Nervous,anxious,damn right scared could be followed by delerious,exstatic,VERY drunk or.............We wont even go there!

C'MON CITY,SATURDAY IS OUR DAY!

See you got me bloody going again.....i mean......

NERVOUS...ANXIOUS......DAMM RIGHT SCARED.......FOLLOWED BY....DELERIOUS....EXSTATIC.....VERY DRUNK.......

That really is my total total feelings......

Personally I think Forest will & Blackpool won't.Swansea still have a decent chance of the play offs and need to score a few.Crewe can't defend, but with Varney & Maynard up front, they've always got a chance and can score a few.If Crewe score first imagine how the Forest crowd will react.

As for betteing my life on it, sorry mate, no chance.

Can't agree mate.We're not second and they're not relegated because they're as good as we are.They've won one of their last six away, scoring twice in all six.We've won three of our last six at home

Praying for an early goal and then another shortly before half time.Come out and get the third withing fifteen minutes without them scoring and that'll be that.With our defence (touch wood) I'm confident that if we get two, we'll win.

I think either Blackpool or Forest will win so we have to. People are saying it won't be an easy game - fair enough but I don't think any of us will ever have seen a game where the players and the supporters together want it so much. No matter how Rotherham feel they won't have that amount of adreniline in them. They have let in 75 goals this season. I know our forwards are not great in front of goal but Roth have practically the worst defence. My biggest fear is something no-one yet seems to have mentioned - I don't fear us losing but ending up with a draw. Even so, I expect to see effort and goal mouth incidents in a number not seen at AG for a long time. I keep thinking about it at work and am embarrassed to say I dreamt about it just like some others on this thread but I have a good feeling about it. Over 90 mins I just can't see Rotherham being able to hold on with what is surely going to be a tidal wave of noise around them

Arn,

You live near me,let me know where you are going Saturday nite and we can feel all of the above together bud (hopefully the last one)!

C'MON CITY,SATURDAY IS OUR DAY!!!

I bloody hope so Tim.

I'm going into proffesional drinking mode from tonight, and want nothing else than promotion sat.

Its me birthday sat to, no presents, just a kick into the CHAMPIONSHIP...Arn

Arn,

I'm 26, but do I count?! Its City, it was always going to come down to the last day!

I dreamt about the game last night, now that is scary - especially for someone who rarely remebers their dreams in the morning!

Yep, course it counts Bling, although i got 20 years on you.

It counts to everyone to be honest.

I think the fans deserve it mate, don't you..

Well Ian, I'm going to make the ultimate sacarfice now.

If City win on sat, the first person to send me a PM, gets a night out with my AVATAR!!!!!!!!!

I cant be fairer than that can i lads........ :banana:

Well, living in London, with Man Utd, Chelsea, Plymouth, Millwall, Charlton and QPR fans to name a few all around and looking down at "little Brizzle City", trekking it back to Bristol for most home games, trekking it up north on a Tuesday night, the mood swings because we lost that Saturday, joys of fanzone, Hartlepool at home but the heartbreak of 2004, 2002 et al, fortunes spent in the club shop, 4,297 posts on this forum, I think I deserve it...

And if you have 20 years of this on me, I'm pretty sure you do too!

I'm just hoping and praying that it will be a repeat of the 89/90 season where we beat Wallsall 4-0 at the gate on the last day of the season.

Without the Gas winning 3-1 away to Blackpool obviously. :whistle:

And Arn, surely with it being your Birthday and with us getting a promotion (sorry but I just cant contemplate a loss/draw), you arent going to be in any fit state to be checking your PM's that night.

My PMT (pre-match tension) is kicking in big time right about now, and weve still got 49.5 hours before the game.

I'm just hoping and praying that it will be a repeat of the 89/90 season where we beat Wallsall 4-0 at the gate on the last day of the season.

Without the Gas winning 3-1 away to Blackpool obviously. :whistle:

And Arn, surely with it being your Birthday and with us getting a promotion (sorry but I just cant contemplate a loss/draw), you arent going to be in any fit state to be checking your PM's that night.

My PMT (pre-match tension) is kicking in big time right about now, and weve still got 49.5 hours before the game.

Correct wont be in a fit state R4L, but could make some one happy on sunday mate....... :whistle2:

Ah, so I'm the same age as you mate :doh: funny thing is, I'm not nervous at all. Probably will be after an hour on saturday if its 0-0 though.

We fans have to make the atmosphere as intense and hostile :gaah::unsure: as we can. Really make Rotherham feel thats its not worth there while in trying to spoil our party :fingerscrossed: .

Ah, so I'm the same age as you mate :doh: funny thing is, I'm not nervous at all. Probably will be after an hour on saturday if its 0-0 though.

We fans have to make the atmosphere as intense and hostile :gaah::unsure: as we can. Really make Rotherham feel thats its not worth there while in trying to spoil our party :fingerscrossed: .

Cant belive you aint tense Mr Bill.

Breed them bloody hard down in deepest Somerset don't they.

Ima bag of s h i t e tbh.......roll on sat

thank fk I have a wedding to go to termorra...don't have time to think about it till Saturday morning.............a few JD's to settle things nicely... :whistle2:

I can see the cider gettin a caning saturday before the game though. :drunk2: :drunk2:

Its been too many damn years aint it Arn? wonder if I can stay off the fags during the game??? :noexpression:

I've been dreaming of being in the starting 11 on Saturday. As soon as we kick off I have this vision of the clock on the electronic scoreboard saying 3.00 and then I look a it again and it's 4.45 and it's still bloody nil nil. I hope the players are calm and determined - I'd be frantic straight from the kick-off whack it up their end.

I thought the Yeovil game was a pressure game for our players and they played really good football - more of the same on Saturday PLEASE! :fingerscrossed:

I've been dreaming of being in the starting 11 on Saturday. As soon as we kick off I have this vision of the clock on the electronic scoreboard saying 3.00 and then I look a it again and it's 4.45 and it's still bloody nil nil. I hope the players are calm and determined - I'd be frantic straight from the kick-off whack it up their end.

I thought the Yeovil game was a pressure game for our players and they played really good football - more of the same on Saturday PLEASE! :fingerscrossed:

Paul, we r going to do it mate, trust me, and then seriously drunk, although you and yer bro got some miles to travel back before you get on it bigtime.

And of course, back to ald blighty, Watford, who we play next season.....don't give the locals a hard time will you...NOT...... :winner_third_h4h:

Cant belive you aint tense Mr Bill.

Breed them bloody hard down in deepest Somerset don't they.

Ima bag of s h i t e tbh.......roll on sat

Hi Arn mate, I'm the same as PortlandBill, I'm not in the least bit nervous

mate...................

I am also such a liar, 42 years of supporting my Club, and I do love 'em, but when we win on saturday I will be able to start using both hands when recounting the really glorious days (Promotion, cup wins etc) Bristol City have given me, that's why I am exactly the same as you mate, nervous as sh1t and can't stop thinking about Saturday. it's going to be soooo good I can feel it now mate !!!!

When Saturday Comes

U REDS !!!!!!!

Hi Arn mate, I'm the same as PortlandBill, I'm not in the least bit nervous

mate......

I am also such a liar, 42 years of supporting my Club, and I do love 'em, but when we win on saturday I will be able to start using both hands when recounting the really glorious days (Promotion, cup wins etc) Bristol City have given me, that's why I am exactly the same as you mate, nervous as sh1t and can't stop thinking about Saturday. it's going to be soooo good I can feel it now mate !!!!

When Saturday Comes

U REDS !!!!!!!

Knew u,d be tense mucker.

40 odd years following this lot does it to you.

Still mate, I'm going to love every moment of it once were up, and drink myself stupid.....Arn

Archived