IGNORED

The Club Want Us To Run On The Pitch...

BB.

Some of you may remember that I posted a heart-felt plea on the forum a week or two back asking the club to allow us all on the pitch once the game was over, saying that it was moments like that which we would all remember for the rest of our lives and which were the sort of thing that drew youngsters a lifelong allegiance to the club.

So I just want to say that I think massive credit is due to the club for making it happen. I've no idea if anyone at the club read my plea, anyone elses or were planning to make it happen anyway, but there were people on here insisting it could never be allowed and that we should get real. This shows that the club IS capable of understanding us 'ordinary' fans. It would have been very, very easy to trot out some line about health and safety, but instead the powers that be have recognised just how much it means to us and have gone out of their way to make it happen.

Thank you.

Now there's just one small thing stopping the celebrations. So...

COME ON YOOOOOOOOO REDS.

Some of you may remember that I posted a heart-felt plea on the forum a week or two back asking the club to allow us all on the pitch once the game was over, saying that it was moments like that which we would all remember for the rest of our lives and which were the sort of thing that drew youngsters a lifelong allegiance to the club.

So I just want to say that I think massive credit is due to the club for making it happen. I've no idea if anyone at the club read my plea, anyone elses or were planning to make it happen anyway, but there were people on here insisting it could never be allowed and that we should get real. This shows that the club IS capable of understanding us 'ordinary' fans. It would have been very, very easy to trot out some line about health and safety, but instead the powers that be have recognised just how much it means to us and have gone out of their way to make it happen.

Thank you.

Now there's just one small thing stopping the celebrations. So...

COME ON YOOOOOOOOO REDS.

Even at my age nothing will stop one of the maddest of the BCFC Mad March Hares haring across that pitch. I'll be bedecked in subcider yellow marigolds when that final whistle blows if we've gained promotion. :winner_third_h4h:

Alice in Wonderland hypothesises.......

"The March Hare will be much the most interesting, and perhaps as this is May it won't be raving mad -- at least not so mad as it was in March." :innocent06:

25mad_tea_party.jpg

Just thought I'd bump this as, looking at other threads, some people seem unaware that the club is inviting supporters onto the pitch once the players have gone off.

No problem folks - if you want to go on the pitch, you can.

That would be nice ....... if we get the result we need :)

Guest east_dundry_red

If were promoted can you honestly see people staying off the pitch soon as the whistle goes? I can't!

What people need to realise is that the club will have MADE GJ come out with a quote to keep off when the whistle goes, I doubt very much whether this is what he really wants, after a long hard season IF the boys do the business saturday GJ and all the players will want to celebrate wildly and rightly so, I reckon they would be dissapointed if we didn't storm the pitch! Nobody wants a repeat of the 99 season, it was really flat with no invasion.

If City score in the second half hopefully some of the boys will get on then too!

come on you reds!!

What people need to realise is that the club will have MADE GJ come out with a quote to keep off when the whistle goes, I doubt very much whether this is what he really wants, after a long hard season IF the boys do the business saturday GJ and all the players will want to celebrate wildly and rightly so, I reckon they would be dissapointed if we didn't storm the pitch! Nobody wants a repeat of the 99 season, it was really flat with no invasion.

If City score in the second half hopefully some of the boys will get on then too!

come on you reds!!

Too true, remember after the Hartlepool game where Cristian Roberts was carried off the pitch, the 'chair' started around the centre circle - what a night that was!!! Hopefully tomorrow will be tops as well.

I think some people have the wrong end of the stick here.

My take on the announcement on the official site is that the players want to thank the fans from the pitch (maybe to a lap of honour?) and they certainly WON'T do that if the pitch is invaded as soon as the whistle goes.

The club have stated that if the fans can keep off the pitch and allow the players their bit to thank the fans then, after the players leave the pitch, the fans will be allowed on to celebrate in front of the directors box where, I assume, the players will join Lansdown and co.

So, the message is

KEEP OFF THE PITCH UNTIL THE PLAYERS LEAVE IT THEN YOU WILL GET YOUR WISH TO INVADE IT

However, there are people on here who are either too stupid, or too selfish, to acknowledge that and want to spoil the day for the vast majority of the fans who will try to do as the club asks, so I think all the arrangements the club have tried to make will be ruined.

A shame and a sad fact. We could also fail at the final hurdle, of course...

A bit premature my friend.

We should concern ourselves with winning first and foremost. Then when the final whistle blows, and only then, and only if the holy grail has been seized should we relent and succumb to the wishes our emotions.

BIG RED MACHINE

Fair play to the Club for compromising within the rules and regulations bollox, however, uncrontrollable and spontanious pitch invasions are no measure for young Colin and his 'rules and regulations bollox' attitude to deal with when push comes to shuff I feel....

I won't go as far as saying I want Bradley Orr's body but I certainly will have his shirt. I will have him carried to the directors box via shoulder too.

Sorry if this interveres with modern health and safty policy, rules and regs and general PCness but BOLLOX !!

If the Club come down heavy handed and won't let the players celebrate with us due to threat of punishment of this then that really would show their true colours. Let's hope they show some respect.

:fingerscrossed: ofcourse.

Its an excellenty idea that they are letting us go on so we can celebrarte. However i just can see this happening. Many people think its just not the same. It isnt, the fun of invading the pitch is the fact that you arnt allowed on. Being allowed on ruins the fun for a lot of people, thet like being the rebels that 'go against the rules'. However i don't care which way it happens as long as i gget on, i aint been on before!

Archived