IGNORED

A Good Omen & Why We Must Go Up Tommorow

Big Red Rich

I can remember the last time we got promoted, Man City came past us the other way. Now Leeds have been condemned to relegation (as if it were ever in doubt) by going into administration. Back then we missed a nice day out at Maine Road and instead their game against Rovers was the first ever PayPerView game I seem to recall.

Well, the next season we went down and they went up via the playoffs and next season Leeds are clearly going to be strong contenders for promotion along with the usual suspects and one surprise team i.e. like Scunthorpe were this season.

This team does not have another 4 wins in it, not by a long shot with wasters like Betsy playing so tommorow HAS to be the day - there is no way we will make it through the playoffs or be runaway winners of league one next season.

Lets hope we miss out on another nice day out in Leeds and instead go to places like Molineux, Hawthorns, Upton Park etc etc................

Come on you reds!

This team does not have another 4 wins in it, not by a long shot with wasters like Betsy playing so tommorow HAS to be the day - there is no way we will make it through the playoffs or be runaway winners of league one next season.

That's the spirit! :noexpression:

There is no must about it. We have no divine right to go up and any promotion must be earned.

I didn't say we have a divine right, what I'm saying is that tommorow is the only chance we will have to go up as I don't think we will stand a chance in the playoffs or next season.

Bit of a nieve post Rich. Your looking on past statistics and we cant compare the past to the present.

It wasn't meant to be naive, simply noting that the last time we got promoted we swapped places with a former large premiership side - maybe its a good omen that Leeds have been relegated?

I stand by what I said, this side will fail in the playoffs and next season will be another unknown quantity so we have to have a big performance from the lads tommorow - heres hoping.

I didn't say we have a divine right, what I'm saying is that tommorow is the only chance we will have to go up as I don't think we will stand a chance in the playoffs or next season.

It wasn't meant to be naive, simply noting that the last time we got promoted we swapped places with a former large premiership side - maybe its a good omen that Leeds have been relegated?

I stand by what I said, this side will fail in the playoffs and next season will be another unknown quantity so we have to have a big performance from the lads tommorow - heres hoping.

Fair enough but best to be positive than think the worst uses less energy. Keep the faith. :Believe:

There is no must about it. We have no divine right to go up and any promotion must be earned.

No, as you say, we do not have divine right to get promoted.

Still makes it a 'must win game' for Bristol City FC as far as I'm concerned and we will earn it if we win.

What reasoning do you have behind such a confident statement? On what basis couldn't we beat Yeovil, Blackpool or Forest?

We've had our fair share of losses this year, but we've been good enough to get to second...

Believe!

• Admin
This team does not have another 4 wins in it, not by a long shot

Small point but there's only 4 games left including the play-offs so to win 4 we'd have to beat Rotherham which would mean we were up anyway ;)

Plus technically we could go up in the play-offs with 3 draws and a couple of shoot-out victories :D

Archived