IGNORED

Thank You Gary Johnson

downendcity

Since joining the club, GJ has had loads of criticism. Some of it understandable when things were going againts us in his early days. But I think we all owe him a big thank you for backing his judgement rather than that of many fans, and also holding his nerve and sticking to his guns.

Albeit we can all judge with hindsight, but it is onbvious that it needed a man with the bottle to come in and make the hcnges the club needed, even if it caused some fall out ( Marcus, Flapper) signing strikers who can't score goals ( a tactic I hope he changes next season) and rebuilding, not just a team but the club. He's proved his ability at non league, league 2 and league 1 so let's all hope he vcan carry on his progress in the Championship.

We should also be grateful to the chairman ( who has also come in for a lot of stick) because some of the criticism was justified for making some bad decisions ( appointing Tinman for example) but with GJ's apointment he chose the right man, for the right job at the right time. So in recognition of our gratitude, please put your hand in your wallet over the summer Steve!

Both these men deserve the Championship every bit as much as us long suffering fans.

Since joining the club, GJ has had loads of criticism. Some of it understandable when things were going againts us in his early days. But I think we all owe him a big thank you for backing his judgement rather than that of many fans, and also holding his nerve and sticking to his guns.

Albeit we can all judge with hindsight, but it is onbvious that it needed a man with the bottle to come in and make the hcnges the club needed, even if it caused some fall out ( Marcus, Flapper) signing strikers who can't score goals ( a tactic I hope he changes next season) and rebuilding, not just a team but the club. He's proved his ability at non league, league 2 and league 1 so let's all hope he vcan carry on his progress in the Championship.

We should also be grateful to the chairman ( who has also come in for a lot of stick) because some of the criticism was justified for making some bad decisions ( appointing Tinman for example) but with GJ's apointment he chose the right man, for the right job at the right time. So in recognition of our gratitude, please put your hand in your wallet over the summer Steve!

Both these men deserve the Championship every bit as much as us long suffering fans.

He's a legend what more can I say. he got stick last season for no reason, well done garry!!!!!!!!!!

Incredible achievement. Keep up the good work!

I was one of those who thought you were an ok manager, and thought many managers could do a good job at City.

But now i will hold my hands up and say, You are a very good manager, but will be great if you can keep us in the Championship

Heres to GJ :worship2:

I criticised him myself on one particular occasion this season. But one thing you cannot argue with is results. Gary Johnson has found a way to get us the results when apparently brilliant previous managers with a bigger budget, more time and alleged better pedigree couldn't. We wanted Championship football at the start of next season and he has delivered it. Well done Gary Johnson.

Archived