IGNORED

Big Thanks To Cider Head

RED4LIFE

A BIG thanks to Cider Head and everyone that helped (inc SL) get the EE opened.

Yesterday was amazing, it reminded me of being in there in the 80's when it was terraced, and the whole place was rocking. I would have liked to hear the noise coming from there in the other parts of the ground!!

I think it was a total success, and helped to make yesterday even better than it would have been.

I wonder if they have plans to give it back to us permanently now??

Yesterday was amazing, it reminded me of being in there in the 80's when it was terraced, and the whole place was rocking.

The noise was electric wasn't it! I was expecting it o tbe good but I literally had goosebumps and it brought back so many memories of when I was a kid - stood in the EE chanting (as loud as you can when you are only a kid!) at the uncovered away fans.

On yesterdays example, I think something should be done to rejuvinate the EE or do something to make a place that home suporters can generate the same amount of noise when it matters (I have no doubt yesterday played a big part!). Sadly though one look up into the roof you can see the gappy roof and rusty beams, so it's obvious that the place is on it's last legs and needs a thorough overhaul.

Fingers crossed though that something can be done, because it is very special in there!

For those who weren't in the EE, this is what you missed. If ever there was an advert for the EE this is it:

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=kmpowell

:D

I was forced in there because everywhere else was sold out.

Yes the atmosphere was good, but unlike in the Dolman I felt cut off from the rest of the ground & kind of distanced.

Also the view is rubbish. How anyone can enjoy watching football from behind the goal is beyond me. It's a weird perspective for someone who has been watching from near the halfway line for decades. I had no idea what was happening at the far end when we scored our third - thank God three of the four goals were at our end.

A BIG thanks to Cider Head and everyone that helped (inc SL) get the EE opened.

Yesterday was amazing, it reminded me of being in there in the 80's when it was terraced, and the whole place was rocking. I would have liked to hear the noise coming from there in the other parts of the ground!!

I think it was a total success, and helped to make yesterday even better than it would have been.

Well said Jon.

Ive great memories from when i was a young man in there, but i aint heard nothing like that yesterday.

Ciderhead (or Shaun) i think, bloody well done mate, it was a fitting end to the season with 4000 noisey fans in there.

You must take the credit mate....Arn

Guest North Street

Yesterday showed what can be achieved off the pitch and that type of support is available every two weeks if City would allow it. Given time it would even get better as the stand and support has it's own dynamics.

One thing which struck me yesterday was what an opportunity is being missed there as the marketing is just begging to happen, "Forza East End, by the fans for the fans, we are the people, East End scarves, flags" that can so easily be sold.

Had a laugh at the Stewards yesterday insisting City fans had to sit in certain blocks at 1.30 despite the end being unreserved & stating that the Rotherham support may pick up a twenty three foot long flag in full view of the police and set fire to it.

Cracking effort from the boys in the East End corner some of whom were stood back in the same places they occupied twenty five years ago minus the Adidas Sambas.

Blinding day from the 3 Lions to the East End back to the Three Lions.

UP THE CITY

Archived