IGNORED

Gone But Not Forgotten

cider head

There have been crucial goals and crucial wins by all the players at bristol city big jamie macombe,

bradley orr, lee johnson to name but a few but credit also should go to dave cotterell for his goal at

northampton but i want to also say a small thank you to.

SCOTT BROWN

We got promotion, we have all been celebrating but lets not forget the man who played a crucial part in our promotion way back in September and October by scoring goals which secured some crucial victories for BCFC.

Scott Brown stepped up in a time of real adversity of BCFC and hit the back of the net in the following games whic for me was a huge factor in our clubs success this season:-

September 2nd

Bristol City 1 - 0 Brighton

Brown 21

September 16th

Bristol City 3 - 1 Chesterfield

Carey 4 Larkin 21

Brown 40

Williams 51

September 23rd

Port Vale 0 - 2 Bristol City

Brown 45

Jevons 76

October 14th

Bristol City 2 - 1 Crewe

Murray 26 Varney 60

Brown 32

THANK YOU SCOTT BROWN AND GOOD LUCK NEXT SEASON FELLA, GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN !!!

his contender for goal of the season against port vale was one of many highlights this season.

fun how things work out though. he was a great player who gave his all for the club and was player of the month back in october(?) and was then linked with leeds/birmingham and other championship clubs. no disrespect to cheltenham, but where did it go wrong for him??

his contender for goal of the season against port vale was one of many highlights this season.

fun how things work out though. he was a great player who gave his all for the club and was player of the month back in october(?) and was then linked with leeds/birmingham and other championship clubs. no disrespect to cheltenham, but where did it go wrong for him??

That was a fab goal forgot about that. Just remember his debut at the gate for Cheltenham poor kid was in agony but still managed a thumbs up to us fans. Good luck for next season Scott I'm sure you still read the forum. :fingerscrossed:

I'm sure he went there for john ward and not just the name cheltenham, wardy has liked scott since his everton days

and got his man in the end, although preston were keen to sign him.

........... but i want to also say a small thank you to.

Hear! Hear!,

When you look at those who won't be with us next season,

people often say;

Look at so and so..

Cut him in half and it would say Bristol City.

Scott Brown is one of these players, he gave his all, and is City through and through.

Hopefully, he'll get fit, mature, and who knows?.

Would love to see him at the Gate again one day!.

Good Luck for next season young man!!.

And remember, we are where we are today, because of you!!.

:farmer:

How bad was the injury he got playing against us, havent heard much about it, but it seemed pretty bad at the time :city:

A quote from someone who knows him best off the subcider site.

Just so you all know,Scott is way ahead of schedule now with his rehab and should be ready to do the business for Cheltenham come the start of the season.

There have been crucial goals and crucial wins by all the players at bristol city big jamie macombe,

bradley orr, lee johnson to name but a few but credit also should go to dave cotterell for his goal at

SCOTT BROWN

We got promotion, we have all been celebrating but lets not forget the man who played a crucial part in our promotion way back in September and October by scoring goals which secured some crucial victories for BCFC.

Scott Brown stepped up in a time of real adversity of BCFC and hit the back of the net in the following games whic for me was a huge factor in our clubs success this season:-

September 2nd

Brown 21

September 16th

Carey 4 Larkin 21

Brown 40

Williams 51

September 23rd

Brown 45

Jevons 76

October 14th

Bristol City 2 - 1 Crewe

Murray 26 Varney 60

Brown 32

THANK YOU SCOTT BROWN AND GOOD LUCK NEXT SEASON FELLA, GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN !!!

Mr Cotterell isnt a very happy bunny.. funny you should mention his name as lve just read this..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/6630293.stm

Was his goal against Port Vale our goal of the season?

Remember very few 'specials' this season.

In regard to Cotterill, he must be more effective than Eastwood at international level.

Freddy didnt even cut it in the Championship.

SCOTT BROWN

September 2nd

Brown 21

September 16th

Carey 4 Larkin 21

Brown 40

Williams 51

September 23rd

Brown 45

Jevons 76

October 14th

Bristol City 2 - 1 Crewe

Murray 26 Varney 60

Brown 32

Well said CH. Good luck Scotty Brown.

does he get a medal for this?

When I spoke to Scott Brown at the open day last summer, I made a comment about his Everton tattoo and he said if City got promoted he would get a Bristol city tattoo to match...I wonder if I should hold him to that...hahaha!!

Good luck to the fella...wish we could have kept him and Cotterill and probably a few other youngsters (Anyinsah, Golbourne) I think they would have shone in the championship. At least we still have Skuse, one of the few young Bristolians left. And Matty Hill is doing well, I'll be so sad to see him at the Gate playing against us!!

Hopefully now we are in the Championship we'll be able to keep hold of our talented youngsters :-)

Here Here. Scott Brown always gave 110% for the club and even through the tough times (ie the court case) he kept his chin up, gritted his teeth and got on with it. Also fair play to GJ for keeping faith with him at the time. Shame he got injured against us but was great to see the reception he got from the fans. Would love to see him back at Ashton Gate playing for us again! Good luck Scotty. Head up mate!

Archived