IGNORED

Dave Cotterill Not A Happy Boy............

bh_red

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/6630293.stm

young Dave isn't a very happy lad after being ignored for international duty

can see his point though, when he was at City Toshack was telling him to keep his place in the Wales squad he had to move to a premiership club, he moves to one then he gets told by toshack that he's not playing enough games to get a call up, and then the #### calls up players like Jermaine Easter and Freddy Eastwood?

bet he's also kinda gutted that he looks to be playing in the championship next season when he could have done that with City and had a promtion

can see his point though, when he was at City Toshack was telling him to keep his place in the Wales squad he had to move to a premiership club, he moves to one then he gets told by toshack that he's not playing enough games to get a call up, and then the #### calls up players like Jermaine Easter and Freddy Eastwood?

Absolutely, he does what he's told and gets dropped for it. Hardly fair is it?

I doubt he regrest the move too much when he opens his payslip!

i sometimes wonder wether this young men get good advice. i think dave scott goldbourne and joe anyinsa went at least 12 months early. cotterill could have stayed here got another 46 league games under his belt then gone. or are agents promising then the world

Cotterill 6 starts/ 11 subs/ 1 goal with Wigan. In fact throughout his first grade career, he has not been a prolific goal scorer

The Welsh selection commitee may be looking for something more. When City play Wigan we may see why.

I assume what he and most people thought was that Wigan had turned into a comfortable mid table side in the premiership where he could play games and develop.

Sadly they got dragged into a dogfight and he's not been given a sniff for months. Probably won't next year either with the pressure to go up. Jennison is in the same situation here. It's not worth the risk of bringing him in to the team when there's so much riding on each game.

He should perhaps have gone to a mid table championship team like Burnley or norwich which has ambitions eventually of heading up the table.

Cotterill 6 starts/ 11 subs/ 1 goal with Wigan. In fact throughout his first grade career, he has not been a prolific goal scorer

The Welsh selection commitee may be looking for something more. When City play Wigan we may see why.

Good chance young Cotts will be playing against us next season....good or bad.... :o

He's not the first Welsh player to have had a fallout with Toshack, think that tells you everything you need to know.

Before Toshack got the job, he was a pundit on BBC Wales and used to slate the players constantly, When he was appointed, a lot of the players weren't happy, due to his previous criticism, and several of them spoke out about it.

Archived