IGNORED

Chris Iwelumo

Claverham_Red

I'm a big fan of him. He's impressed me before with Stoke and now he's shown at Colchester he's a Championship leading striker and can score goals at the level too [18 this year]. I was meant to rude and ask Steve L and Gary J on Saturday Evening but didn't think it was the right time to ask about potential new signings yet!

Anyways, I just had a quick look on BBC Sport website - admitally to find out how to spell his name correctly! - and he's actually out-of-contract at the club in the summer.

He's big, quick, scores goals, still only 28, is a constant threat; please Gary/Steve sign him up!

He's the bloke who won the pen in the playoffs for Brighton against us isn't he?, by all accounts Stoke want him back,

I forgot he played for Brighton, and yeah indeed was the player Danny Coles hacked down in that match.

I really feel he would add to City's attacking options. A large part of Jamie Cureton's success this season is down to him, and I really think Jevons/Brooker/Showunmi would really benefit playing alongside him.

I forgot he played for Brighton, and yeah indeed was the player Danny Coles hacked down in that match.

I really feel he would add to City's attacking options. A large part of Jamie Cureton's success this season is down to him, and I really think Jevons/Brooker/Showunmi would really benefit playing alongside him.

Not sure if Enoch would as they are roughly the same type of palyer. Definatly Brooks and Jevo would.

I forgot he played for Brighton, and yeah indeed was the player Danny Coles hacked down in that match. You sure about that? I could swear blind that diving little rascal Leon Knight who went down...

I thought it was Iwelumo that was fouled by Coles. Cos Coles completely lost his head and swung a leg at anything in sight and smacked into the back of his leg.

Seems you're right. I was in the midst of a big hangover around that time in the stadium!

If Brooker and Jevons are at Ashton Gate next season, City will be in for a long relegation battle.

If Brooker and Jevons are at Ashton Gate next season, City will be in for a long relegation battle.

Colchester proved that theory wrong last year though. Cureton didn't get a kick in a relegated Swindon team in League One last season yet 12 months on he finished top of the Championship scoring charts. I'd like to think Jevo might do the same...

Colchester proved that theory wrong last year though. Cureton didn't get a kick in a relegated Swindon team in League One last season yet 12 months on he finished top of the Championship scoring charts. I'd like to think Jevo might do the same...

Didnt he play alot, the 2nd half of the season?

Remember him banging them in for them.

Sure he got bout 9 or 10 in the last 15 games.

As for Follower, remember your screen name from a controversial topic before.

Notorious for talking, and stiring up shite.

Didnt he play alot, the 2nd half of the season?

Remember him banging them in for them.

Sure he got bout 9 or 10 in the last 15 games.

As for Follower, remember your screen name from a controversial topic before.

Notorious for talking, and stiring up shite.

Yeah, true. He did bag a few towards the latter part of last season but prior to that Swindle let him go out on loan twice and he barely set League One alight yet look what he's done this term?!

But my point was, if Cureton came from Swindle reserves to Championship top scorer in 12 months then I don't why Jevo couldn't do something similar. Interestingly, Cureton didn't score one penalty this season...

Yeah, true. He did bag a few towards the latter part of last season but prior to that Swindle let him go out on loan twice and he barely set League One alight yet look what he's done this term?!

But my point was, if Cureton came from Swindle reserves to Championship top scorer in 12 months then I don't why Jevo couldn't do something similar. Interestingly, Cureton didn't score one penalty this season...

Because he's being transfered in a few days...

:whistle2:

Who? Jevo? :source:

Just my assumption.

My main argument is that whilst Jevons clearly has skill, why would he decide to up his effort and workload when it has been clearly missing in League 1?

Make no mistake, its no coincedance that teams fans in League 1 comment on how 'big' and strong our team is.

The division above is stronger and uglier, so any miraculous turn in fortunes for Jevo will come from him working a hell of a lot harder.

Although I feel he would prosper from having a fit Brooker alongside him to do that ugly side of the game on his behalf.

Just my assumption.

My main argument is that whilst Jevons clearly has skill, why would he decide to up his effort and workload when it has been clearly missing in League 1?

Make no mistake, its no coincedance that teams fans in League 1 comment on how 'big' and strong our team is.

The division above is stronger and uglier, so any miraculous turn in fortunes for Jevo will come from him working a hell of a lot harder.

Although I feel he would prosper from having a fit Brooker alongside him to do that ugly side of the game on his behalf.

Thats the key I think - Jevons is a poacher who needs chances put on a plate, or to put it another way, a lot of broken play in the area. We didn't provide that this season, but with Brooker we would have.

Unlike most (but like GJ it seems) I still have faith in Jevons, but he won't be scoring much on his own initiative from outside the box.

Archived