IGNORED

Pre-season Tour

KnowleUtd City

Just heard Johnson on the local news saying that he's had the lads in today to tell them whats happening this summer, has anyone got any insider news on our pre season tour this year?? rumours or Holland (which would be class) have been mentioned, anyone know any more?? surley Holland, Germany or Begium we would take a fair few over on the back of promotion!

Being down in deepest darkest Cornwall have heard rumours that Truro are planning on setting up a little competition (think it will be similar to teh Isle of Man thing) when they have made ground improvements and it will be them and 3 or 4 of teh other best teams in the South west. No idea whether a) we are included in south west b) whether the necessary improvements have been made c) whether we would want to go.

Rather than an expensive squad tour of Latvia, I would prefer 2 quality games at home. That would give us more money to spend on 2 quality signings.

Secondly, last season had us playing more pre season matches than other recent seasons. 6-8 games should be sufficient, especially with a settled promotion squad.

Our reserve team, better Academy players along with trialist can play against the lesser conference teams.

Considering the heavy work load of the past season, I would give the main squad as long a break as possible. Have them fresh, full of anticipation and raring to go.

Guest DanC
Rather than an expensive squad tour of Latvia, I would prefer 2 quality games at home. That would give us more money to spend on 2 quality signings.

Secondly, last season had us playing more pre season matches than other recent seasons. 6-8 games should be sufficient, especially with a settled promotion squad.

Our reserve team, better Academy players along with trialist can play against the lesser conference teams.

Considering the heavy work load of the past season, I would give the main squad as long a break as possible. Have them fresh, full of anticipation and raring to go.

The long preseason seemed to do the trick though did it not? Preparation is always the key!

The long preseason seemed to do the trick though did it not? Preparation is always the key!

We lost 4 of our first 5 games. Imo the squad was overdone and it took several months to get into a groove.

Archived