IGNORED

Computer Problem

Taz

Right Tech-heads, I have a long standing problem on my computer. Basically when I go start - Turn Off Computer - Turn Off, it will restart instead of turning off. Now if you push the power button when the Boot Screen starts up again (American Megatrends or whatever it is), it will switch off and there are no problems with the computer (software/hardware wise).

Basically it's not really bothered me that much, but thinking of getting laptop to save on space, and sell the PC, just want to get it sorted before I get rid.

Any help?

Tar muchly.

That does sound as if that is the problem, although I'm using Easy CD 6 not 5. I've done everything up to and including uninstalling it, and the only thing left to do is the Regedit bit, but seeing as I've never used the programme before, I'm not sure/confident about deleting stuff (plus some of the files/folders it says to remove, are slightly different presumably because it's a newer version....).

At the moment I've just left it needing the regedit bit done. Is it worth attempting myself, or leave it to someone that knows the programme?

Archived