IGNORED

The Most Important Signing

tin

I was just reading last night's EP and it says that GJ has only got one more season to run on his contract. I personally think this could be the most crucial signing of the season and hopefully the club will pull their fingers out and get a new contract for him sharpish.

I'd hate to think that come Christmas, and this situation has been allowed to drift, that someone like Watford or Fulham lost their manager and GJ left for his 'spiritual home'... :protest:

yep, needs to be sorted sharpish!

also Noble, Enoch, Jevons, McCombe, McAllister and Lee Johnson only have one year remaining as well I believe, they only signed 2 year deals when they joined,

Noble, both johnsons and the 2 johnsons need sort sorting soon!

yep, needs to be sorted sharpish!

also Noble, Enoch, Jevons, McCombe, McAllister and Lee Johnson only have one year remaining as well I believe, they only signed 2 year deals when they joined,

Noble, both johnsons and the 2 johnsons need sort sorting soon!

I have it on good authority that McCombe has signed a 1 year extension.

NEED to get Noble tied down, aswell as both Johnsons and McCallister. Would like to see Enoch get a new deal aswell.

Would like to see Enoch get a new deal aswell.

Agree with the rest but not this one personally.

He doesn't have ability on the ball which isn't in itself a problem if you are 6ft5 and strong as an ox but he won't use his strength - he gets kicked out of a game too easily. I wouldn't be surprised to see him heading back up the m4.

Well, I would suggest getting our own house in order before adding to the squad.

Hypothetically, if we allow this to drift until Christmas and say we're top 10 in the Championship at that time, we risk undoing all the good work that we've done over the last 18 months. Get on with it City

He doesn't have ability on the ball which isn't in itself a problem if you are 6ft5 and strong as an ox but he won't use his strength - he gets kicked out of a game too easily. I wouldn't be surprised to see him heading back up the m4.

I second that. He served us well, up to a point, but looked lazy recently. I wish him well, but I doubt he would cut the mustard at the next level.

When he was signed Lansdown described the fee we paid Yeovil as similar to "a major signing" and thats exactly what he was. I think we proved with Tinnion that it doesnt work to do things on the cheap.

GJ is more important than any player at the club and we need to make sure we keep hold of him.

Having said that, managers seem to come and go far more freely than players.

Considering some of his best games were against Coventry and Middlesboro, I can't agree with you about this one Nibor. I thought he had a cracking start to the season, looked very strong against Coventry in particular, seemed to fade two or three months ago, and then refound a bit of strength and speed for the past month. He was outstanding in both legs against Coventry, powering down the wings as well as scoring in the middle, and defenders didn't know how to handle him. He was the player that my Coventry-supporting acquaintances picked out.

Given that he's also still learning the trade and isn't exactly going to be costing us the Earth, I think he's well worth keeping. I can see him doing well in tyhe Championship.

Considering some of his best games were against Coventry and Middlesboro, I can't agree with you about this one Nibor. I thought he had a cracking start to the season, looked very strong against Coventry in particular, seemed to fade two or three months ago, and then refound a bit of strength and speed for the past month. He was outstanding in both legs against Coventry, powering down the wings as well as scoring in the middle, and defenders didn't know how to handle him. He was the player that my Coventry-supporting acquaintances picked out.

Given that he's also still learning the trade and isn't exactly going to be costing us the Earth, I think he's well worth keeping. I can see him doing well in tyhe Championship.

Yeah, I wouldn't disagree with that. People seem to forget that the Noch is still very young in terms of learning the game. He didn't start playing professionally until he left university at 21 and I feel that his performances, against Coventry in particular, bode well for the future.

Guest DanC

I was stood next to ES last night and I could not believe that a man of his height has poor heading ability. He needs to talk to McCombe and ask him to do some extra training with him.

Archived