IGNORED

Benyon

bcfc seattle

He seemed to be quite popular down in conference, Still not sure why we didn't flog him down there, even if we just got a percentage of future sale(s). doesn't seem the best business practice.

But all the best for all the lads who were released.

Wonder why Benyon wasn't given a chance. Surely it would have been worth it at some point this season. Seems strange to let a lad go who has always scored goals, without trying him at least on the bench. Why do you think he had "burnt his bridges" here?

Wonder why Benyon wasn't given a chance. Surely it would have been worth it at some point this season. Seems strange to let a lad go who has always scored goals, without trying him at least on the bench. Why do you think he had "burnt his bridges" here?

To be fair, 9 goals in 27 games in the conference is hardly an explosive record. Certainly I doubt he'd be up to the Championship.

It was partly to do with attitude, I think, but there was a quote somewhere as well, that said they're now looking to find lads who can cut it at Championship level, rather than League One level. You've got to remember, now we've gone up so have out standards. If we'd stayed down, either of them might have cut it at the third tier, but we've got to look to the future and keep raising our standards...

When he turns and does a Lita, Greebo will hear about it :ph34r:;)

Doesn't bother me if the kid does well for himself. Good luck to him. But it still doesn't make him anywhere near the Championship standard centre forward that we desperately need this season - otherwise plenty of Championship clubs would have snapped him up.

Let's see how the lad does at Torquay first. Then you can give me the stick.

If you like being known as ignorant then I suppose you are right. :rofl2br:

Ironic, to say the least. I'm being attacked for being too responsible, boring and a killjoy by others, and then ignorant by you.

Good luck to the lad hardly anything left of a very promising academy side that got to the semis of the fa youth cup we all most missed out because of strikers lets hope Johnson regrets letting all these talented lads go

Why on earth would you want Johnson to be wrong? I hope, and expect him, to be proved correct. I think he has proved to be a good judge of character and done very well so far. No reason to doubt him here.

don't think it was a falling out of anything, I think he wasnt good enough for us and other scouts seem to think he's only good enough for torquay or else they would have recommended him to managers of league one or two sides. He'd have been watched this season by teams as he started at St Albans with a bang.

He'll be at Forest Green in 2 years.

I hope he is not wrong and is buying in proven championship quality players,just saying they were a talented bunch of players

It's one thing being talented against fellow 18 year old kids. To then go out and show the same talent against fit, strong and aggressive MEN is a totally different ball game and a reason why so many "talented" youngsters fall by the wayside. You imagine an 18 year old getting hit by someone as strong and powerful as Carey or McCombe - how many lads of that age have got the bottle to then get up and go at them again? Probably none of the lads that Johnson released - how do I know? I am guessing that Gary Johnson makes his decisions based upon watching these lads day in, day out, in training whilst you and me are at work or replying to threads like these on the computer.

Archived