IGNORED

Dave Lloyd

Desso

I was at the presentation evening and thought that he was brilliant. A lot of people obviously know who he is and what he does but for us who don't - Who is he? :dunno:

Hes the x tennis player or

is he the guy who owns all those leisure centres?? :whistle2:

Someone needs a new website :ph34r:

Might have his head up his arse sometimes :huh:

That's not supposed to be offensive, you'll realise why when you understand :)

What's more he's appeared in The Young Ones, The Bill and Waking The Dead. I must stress that the latter programme had nothing whatsoever to do with reviving season ticket holders in the Williams Stand.

Enjoy: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0515952/.

I'm in shock, I've met somebody famous...he's been in 'Allo, Allo'!!! Love that programme!!!

:worship2:

I have had the pleasure of meeting Mr Lloyd a few times and he is a true gentleman.

He is City to the core, a pround, loving family man and genuinely one of the nicest blokes i have ever met.

He`s also got a cute little birthmark on his left buttock and enjoys eating lasagne made with twirly pasta bows instead of lasagne sheets.

I thought I'd deleted that website - embarrassingly out of date.

I didn't write the recent Hogfather that was on Sky, but an animated version for Channel 4 that never got made.

Nor am I the David Lloyd who wrote Cheers and Frasier (I wish), though some internet databases do get us muddled up.

I used to be an actor and still do bits when asked. Now I make my living writing for TV. Until recently I wrote for EastEnders but gave it up at Christmas because there's only so many times you can write the same old nonsense and keep interested. I am currently seriously contemplating a career change and becoming Potbelly's toy boy (he wishes). Unless a better offer comes along, of course.

I had a great time on Tuesday night, and thank everyone for their kind words.

Gone. Might get round to doing a new one some time.

Nowt wrong with your website DaveL. I double dare you to write an historical play regarding the liberation of Bristol from the Royalist tyranny in September 1645. It's never been attempted before to my knowledge and it'll be a true Premier. :winner_third_h4h: The opening scene could be set in Langport just prior to the liberation of Bristol. Here Oliver Cromwell himself leads his Ironside cavalry through the blazing village of Langport to ride down the fleeing Royalists. Many Royalist fugitives from the battle are then hunted down and killed by the Somerset Clubmen in revenge for the depredations inflicted during the Royalist occupation. :englandsmile4wf::dancing6:

An historical outline for the play can be found with the text via the URL below.....

http://www.british-civil-wars.co.uk/milita...ort-bristol.htm

Actually I have got an idea in development at the moment. It's an historical kids drama set in Somerset in 1655, at the time Cromwell abolished Christmas. You'll be delighted to know that the hero is Sir Henry Wilmot, the Earl of Rochester and close friend of the exiled King Charles Stuart. The villain is an evil, fun-hating puritan from Taunton called Hugh. :innocent06:

Nowt wrong with your website DaveL. I double dare you to write an historical play regarding the liberation of Bristol from the Royalist tyranny in September 1645. It's never been attempted before to my knowledge and it'll be a true Premier. :winner_third_h4h: The opening scene could be set in Langport just prior to the liberation of Bristol. Here Oliver Cromwell himself leads his Ironside cavalry through the blazing village of Langport to ride down the fleeing Royalists. Many Royalist fugitives from the battle are then hunted down and killed by the Somerset Clubmen in revenge for the depredations inflicted during the Royalist occupation. :englandsmile4wf::dancing6:

An historical outline for the play can be found with the text via the URL below.....

http://www.british-civil-wars.co.uk/milita...ort-bristol.htm

Guest DanC

Dave, I would just like to offer my thanks to you for being such a great host on Tuesday, Was a great night and your comedy made it even greater.

Cheers

Actually I have got an idea in development at the moment. It's an historical kids drama set in Somerset in 1655, at the time Cromwell abolished Christmas. You'll be delighted to know that the hero is Sir Henry Wilmot, the Earl of Rochester and close friend of the exiled King Charles Stuart. The villain is an evil, fun-hating puritan from Taunton called Hugh. :innocent06:

Bah humbug. :disapointed2se: Would the kids really be interested in yet another play about Christmas when they can see a play involving lots of nasty 'God King cult' Royalists being annihilated. :winner_third_h4h:

Dave

Cracking job Tuesday night - we had a chat, top lad, didnt realise you were in Waking the Dead, have to go through the DVDs to find you!

If you ever need any extras give me a shout (can do welsh, briz, wiltshire accent and do a mean dot cotton impression!)

Nice one

Hope you are still chucking down some top spinners and flippers Dave?

Hope you are well.

Barnsey

SBCC

You'll be delighted to know that the hero is Sir Henry Wilmot, the Earl of Rochester and close friend of the exiled King Charles Stuart.

Some 'hero' your exiled King Charles Stuart (later King Charles II) was. The exiled King Charles II raised a huge Scottish Royalist Army that fought Oliver Cromwell's English Republican Army at Dunbar in 1650. King Charles II ran from the field rather than fight leaving his Scottish Army to be annihilated. King Charles II was also at the head of another huge Royalist Army that was annihilated at Worcester in 1651. King Charles II infamously ran off from this battle to hide in an oak tree. :whistle2:

Dave L, don't bottle it - write the play about Bristol during September 1645. :icecream: Make it as historically accurate as possible with no siding with the Royalists. :icecream:

Some 'hero' your exiled King Charles Stuart (later King Charles II) was. The exiled King Charles II raised a huge Scottish Royalist Army that fought Oliver Cromwell's English Republican Army at Dunbar in 1650. King Charles II ran from the field rather than fight leaving his Scottish Army to be annihilated. King Charles II was also at the head of another huge Royalist Army that was annihilated at Worcester in 1651. King Charles II infamously ran off from this battle to hide in an oak tree. :whistle2:

Dave L, don't bottle it - write the play about Bristol during September 1645. :icecream: Make it as historically accurate as possible with no siding with the Royalists. :icecream:

What about a contemporary Political drama based on true events. You could recreate the vicious attack of 27 February 2007, in which Royalist Gestapo thugs taunted and battered Bristol City fans and then let the CS gas go for good measure. What do you think OC1645?

What about a contemporary Political drama based on true events. You could recreate the vicious attack of 27 February 2007, in which Royalist Gestapo thugs taunted and battered Bristol City fans and then let the CS gas go for good measure. What do you think OC1645?

I've got a lovely fictional ending to that worthy of any blood lust horror. The Avon & Somerset 'God Queen cult' fascist Gestapo Police responsible for spraying our supporters with chemical weapons spray are hung high in medieval gibbet cages on Bristol centre. :clapping:

A gibbet cage.......

180px-Fomfr_cage.jpg

Archived