IGNORED

The New Black Away Shirt...

kmpowell

Don't ask me for any source info, 'cos I honestly can't tell you* - but let's just say the Black kit might not be featuring next season afterall!

If I were a betting man it's going to be White like last season, or possibly a Yellow! :innocent06:

*Those of you who can put 2+2 together should be able to guess without any prompting though!

Well, I don't think anyone could have a better source of info, so white it is then.

TBH I was very shocked when - without prompting - he came over and discussed it with me and another city fan this morning - firstly becasue I got the impression he only found out this morning, and secondly because he posed the exact question to us that everybody else has been asking on here today i.e. "Have we ever won wearing black?"

When I said what colour would he prefer, without hesitation it was "White, just like this season gone!".

I got the distinct impression though that if he gets his way the black will be going asap. His final words were "I've told them to change it, but a lot of it lies in the hands of Puma".

It's going to be interesting to see how this pans out!

:)

Edit to add : Just in case it added any weight to it (I doubt it will though), I also pointed out the difficulty of playing night games and picking out players!

I don't get it. Maybe I'm missing the point and I'm just being blonde, but why would they announce that you can pre-order the new black away kit from Monday if they were then going to change it. I'm not taking the wee wee, just havent the foggiest what you are on about?

I don't get it. Maybe I'm missing the point and I'm just being blonde, but why would they announce that you can pre-order the new black away kit from Monday if they were then going to change it. I'm not taking the wee wee, just havent the foggiest what you are on about?

It would certainly make it a collector's item! Best see if Nobes is still wearing it :)

Must be a senior moment too, cos I don't get it either!

This is not the first time this has happened at our club. Only a couple of season ago we had that attrocious home shirt thrown out. I can't understand why we would ever want to play in black - its clearly a fashion colour and nothing more. The manager and team have been badly let down here.

I really hope this thread is legit because I want to see us in white or yellow next season.

Didn't somebody actually buy that ghastly first-draft of the 2005/2006 kit before it was recalled and modified? (the one modelled by Cotts that had that logo and the collar button :D :D)

This is not the first time this has happened at our club. Only a couple of season ago we had that attrocious home shirt thrown out. I can't understand why we would ever want to play in black - its clearly a fashion colour and nothing more. The manager and team have been badly let down here.

I really hope this thread is legit because I want to see us in white or yellow next season.

Are we trying to make life difficult for the team? How the hell are City players supposed to pick out a black shirt to pass to out the corner of their eye - particularly on a night match against a dark background. Man U had a similar away kit a few seasons ago and were forced to scrap it after a couple of games. This seasons away kit was fine so why change?

I think the black style shirt would look great in yellow and green. Bit of a retro throw back to the old Sanderson shirt we had when we were last in the 1st / Championship.

The black being yellow and white being green, with green shorts.

I remember seeing Soren Anderson score in it at Sunderland.

Your thoughts....

Didn't somebody actually buy that ghastly first-draft of the 2005/2006 kit before it was recalled and modified? (the one modelled by Cotts that had that logo and the collar button :D :D)

They got it off ebay wheen th4e club auctioned it. I was close to getting it but lost out :bruce_h4h:

TBH I was very shocked when - without prompting - he came over and discussed it with me and another city fan this morning - firstly becasue I got the impression he only found out this morning, and secondly because he posed the exact question to us that everybody else has been asking on here today i.e. "Have we ever won wearing black?"

When I said what colour would he prefer, without hesitation it was "White, just like this season gone!".

I got the distinct impression though that if he gets his way the black will be going asap. His final words were "I've told them to change it, but a lot of it lies in the hands of Puma".

Edit to add : Just in case it added any weight to it (I doubt it will though), I also pointed out the difficulty of playing night games and picking out players!

Mr gary johson does talk sense bring back the yellow i say.

This doesnt bode well for future relations with us and Puma.

This doesnt bode well for future relations with us and Puma.

Surely we get to pick the colour of our kit, not Puma? They can offer us the style, but I can't see why Puma would expect to dictate which colour our away kit is. :dunno:

I mentioned yesterday that I liked the look of it and that although I was worried about the problems of picking out players in it, I assumed it had all been okayed with GJ. It looks great as a fashion football shirt, but it's up to the football people at the club to say if it is suitable to play in - and obviously the footballing side must have the final say. It's hard to believe a kit could have been picked and advertised without both the manager and the chairman having okayed it.

Personally, I agree with those who want white rather than yellow. I think we look class in white, especially with red trim as a reverse of the home kit.

White with red, opposite to home kit.

That would look perfect

That'll be great against teams that play in red and white.

Hang on we're in The Championship now. Are there any that play in Red & White apart from Sunderland?

That'll be great against teams that play in red and white.

Hang on we're in The Championship now. Are there any that play in Red & White apart from Sunderland?

With the black as an alternate,

Stoke, Southampton, if Sheffield Utd go down (they probably wont)

Are there any that play in Red & White apart from Sunderland?

Stoke, Southampton, Barnsley, Charlton and possibly Sheff Utd, plus clashes with Burnley Crystal Palace, S****horpe and possibly West Ham.

There are also issues with playing in white against stripey teams for some reason; so that would exclude the Wendies, Col U, QPR and possibly WBA.

Archived