IGNORED

Who Do You Want To Come Down

fRed

Picking up on uwokeiup's thread...

My head says Wigan, because of their poor support. But my heart says West Ham because that would be the best ground to visit.

Haven't really thought about Sheffield United, as that's unlikely :)

Picking up on uwokeiup's thread...

My head says Wigan, because of their poor support. But my heart says West Ham because that would be the best ground to visit.

Haven't really thought about Sheffield United, as that's unlikely :)

West Ham without a shadow of doubt.

Mainly because they cheated and got away with it. I'd quite like them to stay up on the field and then be demoted through the courts. It would be the most exciting thing about the Premierbore watching them eat themselves.

West Ham

Should be down already

£5 million pound fine is a joke

They will pay that easy with the money

they get for staying in the prem

Couldn't agree more. I am hopeful that if ManUre are comfortably beating them on Saturday, then Wigan will "somehow" win by the odd goal, thus despatching WHU into our fixture list for next season!

West Ham

Should be down already

£5 million pound fine is a joke

They will pay that easy with the money

they get for staying in the prem

Spot on, Couldnt agree more.

They got fined 5m because the FA knew they could afford it. If any team outside the premier had done this they would have been docked the points.

It would also be a good ground to visit next season.......

Strictly speaking West Ham did not break any footballing rules that are punishable through point deduction as they correctly registered the players. (ie. they were eligible to play). It was some rules within the purchase that were broken and these are not penalised by points deductions - only fines.

Importantly, the F.A should take some responsibility for this - though it is West Ham to keep its club in order, the F.A as a governing body should actually have done their job at the time of Tevez and Mascherano joining.

Also, I am absolutely fed-up of Dave Whelan constantly going on and on about it - can't he accept that Wigan are rubbish and deserve to be where they are - he should concentrate his efforts on getting 3 points that would likely keep them up, rather than rant about what has happened.

Therefore I want Wigan down as they are a waste of space small town football club that has been built on money from a rich bloke - and Whelan is the type of person who has ruined football - problem is, at present he has no control on what has happened and he doesn't like it, which would suggest to me he is a control freak.

West Ham definately, they have cheated their way out of the points deduction they should've recieved from fielding these players.

These loopholes in the system such as Leeds taking their 10 point deduction now instead of next season should be looked into and corrected by the FA.

You make it sound as though they have done very little wrong, I myself don't know the ins and outs of it so cant really say but the fact that the FA fined them 5m which is a huge amount, leads me to believe they have done somthing very wrong and should have had a points deduction, Had someone with less cash, lets say for example Cheltenham done the same thing, Do you think they would have been fined 5m or deducted points?

If they wanted to deduct points they could have, Not skirt around the issue by saying this rule breach is not penalised by points deduction so we are fining them.

West Ham for the experience (plus I bet our team would raise their game ten-fold against them) but Wigan for the revenge factor. After they beat us to promotion I always thought that 'football gravity' would kick in at some point and bring the free-spending rugby-lovers back to earth. Now looks like the time.

Interesting scenario. Let's say West Ham are 3-0 down with a couple of minutes to play and Sheffield United v Wigan is 0-0. Could we expect to see some very dodgy goalkeeping by Paddy Kenny (i.e. 40 yard daisy cutter from Heskey straight through the old legs) followed by Sheffield United passing the ball around in their own half for the remainder of the match? The reasons I say that are:-

1) Both clubs want to sue West Ham if they go down

2) West Ham will not be at threat of relegation next season as they will throw plenty of money around in the summer if they stay up. Makes the job of Sheffield United/Wigan that much harder next year.

Just a thought.

Archived