IGNORED

Promotion To The Championship Will Be Worth £8m

Rudolf Hucker

Nottingham Evening Post

I was in Nottingham yesterday and saw this article in the Nottingham Evening Post (clearly a stablemate of our own "beloved" evening newspaper) in which the Forest CEO, Mark Arthur claims that promotion to the Championship will net Forest £8m compared to spending another season in Division One, although it doesn't state how this number is made up.

Given that he will have included in that figure the money associated with a visit to Wembley for the playoff final in that number, together with increased attendance figues in the Championship at, no doubt, higher admission prices, I guess that Colin Sexton will be counting on a smaller number but still probably amounting to £4-5m coming our way which should help offset the increased wage costs and transfer fees which we'll incur.

It is funny to read the comments of Forest supporters below the article - boy they're an unhappy bunch. Shame!

It is funny to read the comments of Forest supporters below the article - boy they're an unhappy bunch. Shame!

You don't know the half of it. The majority of Forest fans near me (I live in Notts) are absolutely FURIOUS at the damage they feel the board and Colin C have done to their club. I take great pride in wearing my City shirt around the place.

"In simple terms, the loss in revenue of being in League One, rather than playing Championship football equates to roughly £8m per season."

Or alternatively pull another number out of the hat.

Given the high level of their crowds this season - 20,000 for a 30,000 capacity stadium - they can't expect massive increases.

Say another 5000 crowd * 23 home games = 115,000 extra attendees. At a generous £15 profit per seat that's still wll under £2m.

Increased sponsorship, TV rights - maybe another £1m.

Better cup runs - being very generous here at a further £1m.

That looks like £4m to me absolute tops. (Which is what RH is guessing for us). So where's the rest?

It can only be that they're planning to totally screw the existing paying customers:

20,000 * 23 home games = 460,000. So roughly another £8 each per game!

Lucky for the fans if they don't get promoted.

However it could just be the highest figure he could away with that he can then trot out through the season when anyone complains about lack of signings and selling the best players.

"Of course we sold Commons! Do you know how much we lost by not being promoted - £8m!"

• Admin
You don't know the half of it. The majority of Forest fans near me (I live in Notts) are absolutely FURIOUS at the damage they feel the board and Colin C have done to their club. I take great pride in wearing my City shirt around the place.

I have an office in Nottingham, this week two Forest fans have not shut up about how they believe they are a better team than us !?!??!

So everytime I've had to send a word / excel document I have squeezed in a pic or two from last Saturday - strange thing is they are not happy ! Cant think why . . . . :winner_third_h4h:

Archived