IGNORED

Southampton V Derby

Rednready

Watched the first half of this Championship playoff match, and compared to this season at Ashton Gate.......... A different world. Faster, better skills and most importently a much better first touch.

We will definately struggle against teams of this calibre, but I see the Championship as a league split into 2 halves. The good and the trying to hang in there. If we can hang in there and build for a couple of years .......... Who knows.

We will definately struggle against teams of this calibre, but I see the Championship as a league split into 2 halves. The good and the trying to hang in there. If we can hang in there and build for a couple of years .......... Who knows.

Just like we struggled against Middlesbrough?

City played well in both games, no doubts about that. Boro should have wrapped the game up in the replay before penalties, but that takes nothing away from City.

We beat a poor Coventry side over two games which indicates that we can compete with such sides.

But those were cup games not the bread and butter 46 game league season where consistency of that level is required to compete near the top of the table.

We don't have that consistency - yet.

I think by the time we are ready to kick off for the 2007/8 season GJ will have assembled a line up that will be equal to the task ahead, whoever any of new the signings are.

I have acres of faith in the men that have got us thus far.

There are quite a few days until that kick off. The build up I feel sure will be a very interesting period while we go through a bit of a refurbishment.

We don't have that consistency - yet.

To be fair, I'm some games where weve played poor and won, was against poor teams. When we have needed to play well against the better teams, we always have. Ok, maybe not getting the result we mightve deserved but we certainly palyed well. Who's to say we cant and wont do that next season?

I'm pretty optimistic and confident of next season.

Archived