IGNORED

Scarves

madmax

One thing that looked fantastic last season was seeing thousands of fans in the Championship and Premiership spinning scarves around after a goal or simply cheering. Even holding them a loft after a win as the players walked off and even before kick off, like the Kop at Anfield.

For a meagre £6 if all fans purchased a scarf and used it as part of chanting or after a goal is scored, that would add colour and character around the ground and surely a way of increasing atmosphere?

It looked excellent at Preston and Sheffiled United games I watched on SKY and reckon it's something we should have a go at. It's not difficult.

MM

One thing that looked fantastic last season was seeing thousands of fans in the Championship and Premiership spinning scarves around after a goal or simply cheering. Even holding them a loft after a win as the players walked off and even before kick off, like the Kop at Anfield.

For a meagre £6 if all fans purchased a scarf and used it as part of chanting or after a goal is scored, that would add colour and character around the ground and surely a way of increasing atmosphere?

It looked excellent at Preston and Sheffiled United games I watched on SKY and reckon it's something we should have a go at. It's not difficult.

MM

Did they not give away x amount of scarves before the Preston game ?

Agree with you thou does look good.

Did they not give away x amount of scarves before the Preston game ?

If they did it worked. Look amazing at the end. If all three home stands did that on regular basis, that would be excellent for atmosphere and team moral to see that whilst playing, were 3-0 up at home to Charlton and we hold our scarves up singing drink up thee cider....brilliant!

MM

MM

First time I saw it was at Scottish Cup Semi-Final in 2005 when Hearts fans did it most of game - pretty amazing sight! Not sure why they were singing about jam tarts though .... :dunno:

There's a pic of a new scarve on main site, and a t-shirt, say there is a car "wobbler" coming out what ever the **** that is !!!

As a tribute to our scouse contingent they send someone round to remove your car wheels. You can then 'buy a brick' to prop up your car with.

MM

I agree!

I take mine to every game. For those who can't afford a shirt buy a scalf. it has the same effect if not better.

I believe EVERYONE should have a scalf. It would improve the atmosphere and the look immensley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDUKbV2wIN8

Thats the first time I saw it, would be quality if we could have something like that at the Gate.

Thats my aim. Doesn't it look amazing, even the TV cameras were interested.

I may write to the club and ask if they will give away a scarf for every season ticket holder. I reckon we could surpass 10k, that would look briliant.

MM

Archived