IGNORED

Eurovision

Milton Red

United Kingdom was saved from embarrasment by Malta........MALTA.

there definatley must be a bit of history between the two. Some historian care to explain ?

my guess is something to do with one of the two World Wars.

Also, i wonder why Poland were one of the countrys not to give Germany any points. There close arn't they :innocent06:

The Maltese recieved the George Cross for their bravery in WW2.

Indeed. Beseiged by the Germans for years and fought on when the easy thing to do was let them in and carry on with normal life.

I would rather they hadn't voted for us though. The British song was a nul-pointer all the way.

Serbia wins.

United Kingdom finishes 2nd last, Ireland finished last.

Serbia's was awful. I wasn't sure if she was a man or a woman. Ukraine should have won as it was the best, it was pure crap! I thought we were one of the better ones! Terry wogan was class as always. We could enter the best band in the world and they still won't win as it's all political. Out of Serbia's 8 neighbours 5 of them gave them 12 points.

We were saved from real blushes by Malta and the Republic of Ireland who awarded us some points. The overall quality of songs in the show was really rubbish.

My favourite songs from the past are: "Puppet on a string"; "Congratulations" by Cliff Richard; "Waterloo" by ABBA; and "Making your mind up" by Bucks Fizz. That Serbian winner was absolute tripe in comparison.

Indeed. Beseiged by the Germans for years and fought on when the easy thing to do was let them in and carry on with normal life.

I would rather they hadn't voted for us though. The British song was a nul-pointer all the way.

Yep i think the ordinary boys should sing one of the songs from their new album next year "the great big rip off" well thats all eurovision is isn't it. why don't we enter as separte countries or just enter england and scotland wales and NI ... no actually bad idea ireland only gives us points because we usually (well were suppossed to vote for them)

The whole eurovision thing is a joke so political!!

Oh so true. And that is why we'll never win it.

Plus all the songs are shite, well, maybe on the off chance you might get one or two good uns' though (as in hot birds dressed in skimpy outfits).

Pointless for us to enter really!

Serbia's was awful. I wasn't sure if she was a man or a woman. Ukraine should have won as it was the best, it was pure crap! I thought we were one of the better ones! Terry wogan was class as always. We could enter the best band in the world and they still won't win as it's all political. Out of Serbia's 8 neighbours 5 of them gave them 12 points.

The serbian song was rubbish, never should of won.. Personally, i liked the swedish, and the french ( :laugh: ) entries.

i liked ukraines, the whole making of the song was just asking to be at the top half.

swedens one was sung by that guy dressed up like a woman in little britain.

i also thought irelands was better than the UK's

I thought it was all crap, a cheesy pop contest which dosnt even represent that label anymore.

Its all political!

Last year imo Lordi actually deserved to win because they had a great song, brought Rock to a pop fest!

Archived