IGNORED

Realistic Transfers Thread

And Its Smith

After hearing the stupidity of some of the names banded on here, lets have a realistic targets thread. Your thoughts on these boys and girls? And add your own as well.

Jason Scotland - St Johnstone. Striker. 26 goals last season in Scottish League One.

Daryll Duffy - Hull City. 5 goals in 5 games on loan at Swansea

Tommy Black - Crystal Palace. Just been released after only playing 7 games this season. Was a hit when he played on loan for us years ago. Only 27 years old.

Good shout, there will be some good players released between now and July, and all three of the players you named are likely to be considered by several clubs.Think Hull may retain Duffy.Scotland has scored plenty, but isn't he knocking on a bit?

Personally would really like to see us sign Naismith a very exciting young Scottish striker, who we could possibly get for £400k.

Good shout, there will be some good players released between now and July, and all three of the players you named are likely to be considered by several clubs.Think Hull may retain Duffy.Scotland has scored plenty, but isn't he knocking on a bit?

Personally would really like to see us sign Naismith a very exciting young Scottish striker, who we could possibly get for £400k.

Come on now, 150k would be a good offer. After 350k for Miller, we wont go to that exreme again.

You are a City fan.........you talk the price down, not start high. Other clubs do read our not so private forum chats.

Apparently Hull are going to be selling Duffy. Swansea want him but surely he'd rather play in Championship. Scotland is 28 so not too old.

I don't know much about Naismith but Kilmarnock are said to want 1 million for him so that rules us out.

Just seen that Naismith one Scotland young player of the year so that puts in into the very unrealistic category.

After hearing the stupidity of some of the names banded on here, lets have a realistic targets thread. Your thoughts on these boys and girls? And add your own as well.

Jason Scotland - St Johnstone. Striker. 26 goals last season in Scottish League One.

Daryll Duffy - Hull City. 5 goals in 5 games on loan at Swansea

Tommy Black - Crystal Palace. Just been released after only playing 7 games this season. Was a hit when he played on loan for us years ago. Only 27 years old.

But is this not the point of an open forum, it's about opinions and what some people think are realistic targets, others will think are stupid.

We have people who think they are the oracle of football and know everything, from what sort of budget GJ has, to what players he buy's.

GJ has not managed in the Championship before and has never had millions to spend, so what's to say that now that he is in the Championship and with the possibility of a decent transfer budget at his disposal, he won't go out and blow the lot?

It's all about opinions and the only people that really know what are 'realistic targets' are GJ, SL & CS, in the meantime, everyone on here will give their opinion and speculateas to what the feel are 'realistic targets'.

As for you suggestions, Jason Scotland has managed to score his goals in the Scottish 1st division, not exactly the best league in the UK, The Scottish Prem is on about a par with our Championship bar Celtic, Rangers and may be Hearts.

Tommy Black has done nothing for years, is there a reason for this?

And Daryll Duffy isn't exactly tried and tested at Championship level (may be the reason why Hull are willing to let him go as he can't cut it at that level)?

Like I have said above, it's all about opinions.

One of the players I would like us to take a look at would be Tom Williams, left back / left midfielder who has just been released by Swansea, previously with Gillingham. Again, he's not really tried and tested at this level but will help with one of problem area's and fits the bill by being able to play more that one position.

But is this not the point of an open forum, it's about opinions and what some people think are realistic targets, others will think are stupid.

We have people who think they are the oracle of football and know everything, from what sort of budget GJ has, to what players he buy's.

When I talk about stupid suggestions I mean people like Andy Cole (B'ham say they cant afford his wages so how are we going to) Robbie Fowler (wages, much better teams than us will want him) David Healy (Fulham, M'bro and Marseille after him)

So anyone with a tiny bit of knowledge will know that these are unrealistic.

Someone else has mentioned Karl Hawley but I don't think he is good enough for the step up. Thats just my opinion though.

When I talk about stupid suggestions I mean people like Andy Cole (B'ham say they cant afford his wages so how are we going to) Robbie Fowler (wages, much better teams than us will want him) David Healy (Fulham, M'bro and Marseille after him)

So anyone with a tiny bit of knowledge will know that these are unrealistic.

Someone else has mentioned Karl Hawley but I don't think he is good enough for the step up. Thats just my opinion though.

But the thing that has to be remembered is that t'internet is used by people of all ages and levels of sensibillity, it amazes me about the amount of people that believe that a player will sign for us because they managed to sign them on Football Manager 2007.

But that is their opinion no matter how silly it sounds to others.

I personally think that if there are to be any signings, they'll be from abroad, cheaper market and a chance for the unknown to make a name for themselves.

One of the players I would like us to take a look at would be Tom Williams, left back / left midfielder who has just been released by Swansea, previously with Gillingham. Again, he's not really tried and tested at this level but will help with one of problem area's and fits the bill by being able to play more that one position.

Please tell me that was a joke.

If it wasnt, you need a 'Football for Dummies' book.

Horrible, useless and bitter player.

don't you remember City V Swansea last season?

He won an oscar didnt he?

Please tell me that was a joke.

If it wasnt, you need a 'Football for Dummies' book.

Horrible, useless and bitter player.

don't you remember City V Swansea last season?

He won an oscar didnt he?

No it wasn't a joke, while at Gillingham he was a very good player and fair enough I haven't seen that much of him since and he seems to have had a few injury problems (which he now seems to be over) but he would do a good job for us down the left.

How many times have you actually seen the guy play? Or is it a case of you've seen him once and he was out of order and that's him done for his career?

As for your comment about the 'Football for dummies' Book, who made you the god of football to decide who BCFC should and shouldn't sign? Or are you actually Jose Maurinho just working on the side?

No it wasn't a joke, while at Gillingham he was a very good player and fair enough I haven't seen that much of him since and he seems to have had a few injury problems (which he is now seems to be over) but he would do a good job for us down the left.

How many times have you actually seen the guy play? Or is it a case of you've seen him once and he was out of order and that's him done for his career?

As for your comment about the 'Football for dummies' Book, who made you the god of football to decide who BCFC should and shouldn't sign? Or are you actually Jose Maurinho just working on the side?

Yes, I am the special one.

After that the scummy performance against us last season, when he 2 footed Orr from behind then pretended he was the victim and started rolling around on the floor, there was a lot of outrage from City fans on various forums.

The general feedback from Gillingham, City and Swansea fans themselves is that the man is the biggest cheat they've ever seen.

Thats enough for me.

Or maybe the comments he made after being released by Swansea (League 1 aint they?) about how he should have been playing and not been on the bench say it all.

Not the sort of player/person I'd want at City ever.

Just my view.

Yes, I am the special one.

After that the scummy performance against us last season, when he 2 footed Orr from behind then pretended he was the victim and started rolling around on the floor, there was a lot of outrage from City fans on various forums.

The general feedback from Gillingham, City and Swansea fans themselves is that the man is the biggest cheat they've ever seen.

Thats enough for me.

Or maybe the comments he made after being released by Swansea (League 1 aint they?) about how he should have been playing and not been on the bench say it all.

Not the sort of player/person I'd want at City ever.

Just my view.

And I appreciate your view but what I don't appreciate is the "I'm better than you" attitude that gets thrown around on here just because someone posts a suggestion that they see fit for the club that we all love.

What - like Pospisil (hopefully) ?

Didn't we do this last time we went up, and for the same reason ?

Not Czechs or bulgarians, but we had Testimetanu, Sorensen and Sebok.

All reasonable players, but didn't settle well, didn't stay too long, and were arguably no better than available british players who would have settled in better.

On the other hand, it may be a screen to mask our real interests at home.

Steve Lansdown was speaking to a mate of mine in the Deh a few weeks ago. He did state that we will be looking at players abroad as the wages are cheaper. I think the scouting mission in Europe this next week backs this up. We simply cant afford some of the wages the bigger clubs are playing. Theres no way Lansdown will be paying players 20k plus a week in the championship the first season we go up. There are some great foreign players out there look at the ones at Southampton for example.

And I appreciate your view but what I don't appreciate is the "I'm better than you" attitude that gets thrown around on here just because someone posts a suggestion that they see fit for the club that we all love.

Fair enough.

I just hate the guy.

We could do much better.

Fair enough.

I just hate the guy.

We could do much better.

Fair play and I hope we do, I wasjust making the observation that regarding him being a multi-positional player (left back / left midfield) he may well fit the GJ criteria, although on that note, last seasons incident may also affect GJ as it has you and a few others.

Just wondering how many Latvians will be coming in this summer?

Have we arranged our pre-season tour abroad yet?

That could give him the ideal opportunity to scout his targets.

Archived