IGNORED

Nottingham Forest

Rudolf Hucker

Not from the football club this time but from a journo writing in the Nottingham Evil Post ... I really hope they get stuffed in the play-offs.

Nottingham Evening Post article

Whatever the cause, Forest's tendency to buckle when the heat is on meant Friday's journey to Huish Park couldn't be treated with anything but trepidation.

With the greatest respect to Yeovil, clashes between the clubs can't help but sound like an FA Cup third round draw from yesteryear.

So too ties with S****horpe and even Bristol City, but how Forest will hope to renew rivalries with those two clubs against the backdrop of the Championship next season.

How could supporters who, quite rightly, refuse to forget the heady days of European domination, expect anything other than victory against Yeovil?

Even if only three points separated the sides at the end of the season, it was through gritted teeth - if not with tongue in cheek - that they entertained the notion of the two clashes being tight affairs.

Not from the football club this time but from a journo writing in the Nottingham Evil Post ... I really hope they get stuffed in the play-offs.

Nottingham Evening Post article

Whatever the cause, Forest's tendency to buckle when the heat is on meant Friday's journey to Huish Park couldn't be treated with anything but trepidation.

With the greatest respect to Yeovil, clashes between the clubs can't help but sound like an FA Cup third round draw from yesteryear.

So too ties with S****horpe and even Bristol City, but how Forest will hope to renew rivalries with those two clubs against the backdrop of the Championship next season.

How could supporters who, quite rightly, refuse to forget the heady days of European domination, expect anything other than victory against Yeovil?

Even if only three points separated the sides at the end of the season, it was through gritted teeth - if not with tongue in cheek - that they entertained the notion of the two clashes being tight affairs.

God l hope they stay down and we get Commons....

We were in the same league the first time they won the Eurpopean cup, in the years before that I remember them as being somewhere below us in the league structure.

We were in the same division (albeit relegated), when they won their second European Cup, in May 1980 against Kevin Keegan's SV Hamburg.

I've read the article and I think it is a very balanced appraisal of how things stand.

What's wrong with it - have I missed something ?

Personally I read it as playing us was like playing a 3rd round draw against lower league teams in "the good old days". You would have to be thinking about quite recent history to have that thought.

I've read the article and I think it is a very balanced appraisal of how things stand.

What's wrong with it - have I missed something ?

It's just the apparant denial that Forest is no longer the leading club in English football and winning European championships.

Comments such as: "With the greatest respect to Yeovil, clashes between the clubs can't help but sound like an FA Cup third round draw from yesteryear. So too ties with S****horpe and even Bristol City ..." are plainly disparaging and unwarranted.

I recall the glory days of Forest - but that's long in the past ... confined to history. For now, Forest are a Division One team (as we were). Nothing more and nothing less - and long may they remain so.

Archived