IGNORED

City Foundation

openEnd

I was very tempted when I first read about the Cityfoundation and the freeze on Season Ticket prices. It was a bit of a no-brainer and as the marketing speel says it really is a 'win-win' situation. However, due to a lack of spare cash at the time I was unable to join.

So with that in mind, I was delighted to read on the official website last week

'City foundation offer extended' (I can't find the page now it seems to have dissappeared). Funds were a bit less tight so I took the plunge.

I read today in the ST Prices pdf that 'on or before 5th May' Season ticket Prices Frozen, otherwise a 5% discount!

I am confident that this was not mentioned in the 'City foundation offer extended' article on the site last week and even during payment I was led to believe by the sales assistant that I was still eligible to a Freeze on my 2006 ST price.

Anyone else join after 5th May? If so, is this the way you read this offer? or have I misunderstood the deal?

If I have misunderstood, how was the offer 'extended'?

Cheers

I was very tempted when I first read about the Cityfoundation and the freeze on Season Ticket prices. It was a bit of a no-brainer and as the marketing speel says it really is a 'win-win' situation. However, due to a lack of spare cash at the time I was unable to join.

So with that in mind, I was delighted to read on the official website last week

'City foundation offer extended' (I can't find the page now it seems to have dissappeared). Funds were a bit less tight so I took the plunge.

I read today in the ST Prices pdf that 'on or before 5th May' Season ticket Prices Frozen, otherwise a 5% discount!

I am confident that this was not mentioned in the 'City foundation offer extended' article on the site last week and even during payment I was led to believe by the sales assistant that I was still eligible to a Freeze on my 2006 ST price.

Anyone else join after 5th May? If so, is this the way you read this offer? or have I misunderstood the deal?

If I have misunderstood, how was the offer 'extended'?

Cheers

Just about to post something similar. I joined before May 5th but I know that a couple of my friends and family were persuaded to join after, on the understanding that the prices would be frozen. I am wondering if, when they were phoned, they were told that they were still in time to receive discount (no mention of 5% or frozen prices) making them think that last years prices would apply.

If this is the case it is very misleading and could be considered a con.

Did the gentleman involved in the Premier seating have a hand in this? It wouldn't surprise me. :disapointed2se:

Same situation for me. I have just rung the ground and asked Christina to call back to clarify.

I was offered membership of CF on the basis of renewing a ST at last season's price by the telesales guy on 11 May. Christina at BCFC confirmed this on 14 May.

If you check the link on the news page today, it takes you to the pricing details where it reads "City foundation: These rates apply to members who joined before May5th, unless otherwise stated......" Whay does otherwise stated mean?

I would suggest that a membership drive on the Club Web site offering STs at least season's prices if you join the CF is very much "otherwise stated! I await clarification with interest. If this is a con, oh sorry......mistake, I will be cancelling and seeking a refund of my £114. It does not seem a very good way to do business, by tricking your fans!!! :dunno:

I spoke to her on Monday, she confirmed that we would def receive ST's at last season rates - thats why we joined! - if we have been mis sold than I'll be after an immediate refund!

Just spoke to Christina. She confirmed the offer, and that all those who joined up by, and including, Monday 14th May would be able to get a ST at last year's prices. Those who have joined since will be offered a 5% saving on next season's prices. She apologised that the wrong date had been put on the ticket info item on the Club website, and said it would be corrected. (I told her I was posting on the forum about the confusion) so she also asked me to post that they were literally inundated with applications to join and asked for people to be patient and that joining packs were being sent out asap. I must say she was very helpful and seem intent on getting the packs out to everyone as soon as she could. :yes:

Just spoke to Christina. She confirmed the offer, and that all those who joined up by, and including, Monday 14th May would be able to get a ST at last year's prices. Those who have joined since will be offered a 5% saving on next season's prices. She apologised that the wrong date had been put on the ticket info item on the Club website, and said it would be corrected. (I told her I was posting on the forum about the confusion) so she also asked me to post that they were literally inundated with applications to join and asked for people to be patient and that joining packs were being sent out asap. I must say she was very helpful and seem intent on getting the packs out to everyone as soon as she could. :yes:

Good news then, cheers for finding out. Saves me from putting a stop on my cheque :fingerscrossed:

Still begs the question why the website can't be proof read properly before going live. They really don't help themselves do they.

Good news then, cheers for finding out. Saves me from putting a stop on my cheque :fingerscrossed:

Still begs the question why the website can't be proof read properly before going live. They really don't help themselves do they.

I got the impression that on this occasion the person who wrote the piece for the website did not check with those dealing with the CF membership drive! Gave me a few palpitations though when I read it!!

Archived