IGNORED

Silent Phone Calls

cidercity1987

Anyone know how to go about blocking a number from ringing my mobile?

A number with the area code 01422 (which I have found out to be Halifax!) keeps ringing then not saying anything until I put the phone down. I've given the caller 20 secs to speak on occasions so it's not 1 of those delayed/ring back type things.

Any advice would be appreciated, it's getting a tad annoying!

A number with the area code 01422 (which I have found out to be Halifax!) keeps ringing then not saying anything until I put the phone down. I've given the caller 20 secs to speak on occasions so it's not 1 of those delayed/ring back type things.

not sure mate

but I say distribute this number to every football forum you can think of, and say its one of their arch rivals managers direct number

for example, post it on here saying its Colin Caldwerwoods number!!

see how many calls they get then :noexpression:

:laugh:

Thanks for the suggestions fellas! I tried typing it into google but it didn't come up as anything so I can only assume it's a home number as opposed to a businesses.

As I'm a decent lad I'll give them 1 more chance. If they ring again I'll warn them of the consequences, twice more the number is going on 1 phone box, three more times and you lot get to know the number. What you then do with it depends whether you're feeling mischievous or not. I've been getting 5 a day so you shouldn't have to wait too long!

Google for the Telephone Preference Service. You can register your number there and they're not legally allowed to cold call you.

Oh, and don't hang up when they don't speak, keep the line open as it costs them money.

And if they do finally speak get their full name, company address and registered number and tell them you'll be sending them a bill for your time. Or ask them to send you some leaflets, and take the freepost envelope they always include, tape it to a 20kg bag of spuds and drop it off at the post office. Or ask them for their data controller's details and send them a data access request - costs them a few hundred quid.

I hate cold callers in case you hadn't guessed! :)

Call them back reverse charge or better still send me the number and I'll call them reverse charge from here

Why not post the full number on here. A few civic-minded individuals from the forum might then consider doing the same to them until they pull their phone lead out of the wall.

Just a thought :innocent06:

Thanks for all the advice.

I ignored the phone ringing twice today, but picked up on the 3rd time. Again nothing from them for ages, so I started swearing down the phone and miraculously a women started speaking.

Swinton bloody car insurance! WTF?! Told them I've already renewed and thanked them for wasting all our times. :disapointed2se:

Thanks for all the advice.

I ignored the phone ringing twice today, but picked up on the 3rd time. Again nothing from them for ages, so I started swearing down the phone and miraculously a women started speaking.

Swinton bloody car insurance! WTF?! Told them I've already renewed and thanked them for wasting all our times. :disapointed2se:

i hate calls like that when its obvious you already have your business with a different company.

had one a while back asking if i was happy with my current phone supplier, at about 8.00 in the morning.....

my reaction was, in the most polite way possible (ish);

"that's none of your business, although i would prefer if they could stop me getting stupid phone calls like this"

the guy didn't really know what to say so i helped him out by hanging up and going back to sleep

Archived