IGNORED

So How Does This Encourage The Fan Of The Future?

Sticks

Having studied in great lengths the new prices, a few things become completely apparent, if you only have to buy one season ticket, I personally don't think the cost is too bad. (high but about what was expected). It would appear the aim is to get you buy the season ticket, I personally attend about 15 games a season based on that it is cheaper to buy a season ticket (all be it on credit card) and miss 8 games.

The problem stems from the fact that I have two kids aged 8 and 4, if I get a season ticket I have to buy one (they will have to take it in turns at those prices) but it is now upto nearly £600, if they both want to go £800. Not a chance we are into family holiday territory now.

I can get it cheaper but you have to sit in the sh*ttest seats in the house hardly fair, descrimination more like.

Ok so I decide to pay on the day for me and both kids on a hmmm minimum £55 before programmes, food etc. I don't think so.

My point is not only does this structure eliminate pay on the day floating fans as I won't want to spend upto £28 for a game regulary, I can't attend every game, like many I have family and work commitments that whether we like it or not get in the way of city.

It ruins the opportunity for a up and coming fans, where are the options for a family season ticket, where are the options for and adult and child season ticket. You can just go and watch a match anymore you have to save up for it, theres no fun in that.

I personally hope it all back fires they get 6000 take up and no more and they may rethink sadly to many people have the drug and will pay up whatever. I for one will have to reluctantly go cold turkey. Thanks Steve from a three week high to an all time low, I can no longer afford to go with the kids which effectively means I can't go.

ps. I still haven't recieved my DVD of promotion and to be quite honest don't really feel like watching it

Yes unfortunatly I'm in the same boat as you.I can't afford to take my 3 children,not at those prices.How can i say I'm going to football but I'm afraid i can not take you,i can not/will not.Oh well looks like i will be a teletext/sky sports supporter next season. :(

Will not be renewing my ticket this year for two adult and one child in atyeo is now £875 compared to £550 this year. I am city foundation so will get £100 off but that is still an increade of £225 which is close to 40%. Living in wigan now i just cannot justify those prices now and will also be another sky sports teletext supporter next year. Will go to odd away game and that is it. Think these prices are not encouraging families to watch football anymore, which is sad for when i was a lad my dad took me everyweek and my lad looks forward to football but i have a feeling may now become a wigan fan for it is now cheaper to watch them in the premiership than to watch city.

Agreed mate, the people on here who are single are not bothered about it and will gladly pay whatever, but there is a wave of men and women with families that just wont be able to afford it, that's the price the club will have to pay, and for their sakes I hope they have their predictions right about who will take their places.

Archived