IGNORED

Happy To Pay The Extra

fanjita

What did you expect?,,,, City to get promotion and no price increase, don't you think that watching the better teams next season is worth the extra money?

If we are to seriously compete in the Championship we need to generate plenty of extra income, increased admission prices is one of many ways to do this, or we will be back in league 1 in no time at all.

So I will be happy to pay the extra, for a better chance of watching decent football every week.

What did you expect?,,,, City to get promotion and no price increase, don't you think that watching the better teams next season is worth the extra money?

If we are to seriously compete in the Championship we need to generate plenty of extra income, increased admission prices is one of many ways to do this, or we will be back in league 1 in no time at all.

So I will be happy to pay the extra, for a better chance of watching decent football every week.

as ive stated on another thread I'm happy to pay £16.30 for an afternoons entertainment, hopefully with the larger away followings ashton gate will have some atmosphere back!

I appreciate that some people will find it difficult to obtain the cash for these prices rises but it seems to me that we have too many fans who are EXPECTING us to significantly strengthen the squad so that we consolidate in the Championship and yet are also EXPECTING Steve Lansdown to pick up the whole tab out of the personal fortune that he has EARNED for himself and his family over the years.

I'm afraid that sometimes people have to stand up and pay for their own round of beers - it is just not possible to expect Lansdown to bankroll the club on a permanent basis.

I know from personal experience that there will be people who genuinely will find it difficult to raise the cash and I really feel for them. But there will also be people who can afford to pay £30 per month for top speed broadband, have Sky +, smoke 20 fags a day, get bladdered three nights a week etc. etc. who will also be moaning and jumping on the bandwagon. If smoking or Sky + is more important to you than Bristol City FC then that is fine - no problem there - you are entitled to make the choice.

You want better football? The club needs better players.

You want better players? The football club has to pay bigger wages and transfer fees.

You want a better ground with more earning potential? Money has to be found for new stands incorporating corporate facilities.

Why should Steve Lansdown spend a massive proportion of his family's money on Bristol City FC so that people can watch Championship football at League 1 prices? Would you disregard your family and do the same?

I'm absolutely delighted we've gained promotion and I'm considering buying a season ticket for the East End. You can't take your money OR your debts with you when you die - rejoice that we're finally out of poxy Div 1 at last. I don't, therefore, have a problem with the price increase as I certainly don't expect to be the richest man in the graveyard. :innocent06:

your thread title & content could have been written by sextone himself!!!!!!

everyone expected a rise but these are ott..... & not enough family concessions.being an atyeo st holder £100 increase for me,but my sons goes upto £105.

i noticed on another forum u16's at swansea will pay £23 for a st,admitedly league 1...... but i just feel the screws have been turned to quick on this occasion :disapointed2se:

I appreciate that some people will find it difficult to obtain the cash for these prices rises but it seems to me that we have too many fans who are EXPECTING us to significantly strengthen the squad so that we consolidate in the Championship and yet are also EXPECTING Steve Lansdown to pick up the whole tab out of the personal fortune that he has EARNED for himself and his family over the years.

I'm afraid that sometimes people have to stand up and pay for their own round of beers - it is just not possible to expect Lansdown to bankroll the club on a permanent basis.

I know from personal experience that there will be people who genuinely will find it difficult to raise the cash and I really feel for them. But there will also be people who can afford to pay £30 per month for top speed broadband, have Sky +, smoke 20 fags a day, get bladdered three nights a week etc. etc. who will also be moaning and jumping on the bandwagon. If smoking or Sky + is more important to you than Bristol City FC then that is fine - no problem there - you are entitled to make the choice.

You want better players? The football club has to pay bigger wages and transfer fees.

You want a better ground with more earning potential? Money has to be found for new stands incorporating corporate facilities.

Why should Steve Lansdown spend a massive proportion of his family's money on Bristol City FC so that people can watch Championship football at League 1 prices? Would you disregard your family and do the same?

That's an excellent post Greebo. Sadly our mother died as a result of smoking 60+ fags per day and those fags cost her an absolute fortune. Get a life lads and lasses if you smoke, make it your new season resolution to give up the fags and invest in that BCFC season ticket instead. :fingerscrossed:

Wondering if someone can help me, I'm not fussed about the price increse because I'm going to be getting an Under 21 for the EE (However do feel for supporters priced out of next season, including my dad!) and think that £185 for 23 games working out at around £8 per game is brilliant!

However this is what I would like help with, I quote this from OS about Season Ticket Prices:

Prices will be increased further once a target threshold of 10,000 season ticket holders is reached.

1) How much is the price increase expected to be?

(I plan to be on the phone monday morning with my Debit Card in hand at 9 o'clock.)

2) Will I get charged more for using my Debit Card rather than visiting the gate with cash?

I also would like to know if any one has any idea's about this?

A premium credit (pay by instalments) option will be available

3) Any idea how many payments it would be spread out through the season / year?

(I.e. An initial down payment, then 3 more payments at later dates?)

4) Would you be paying more doing it this way, or does it stay at the same price?

Cheers for any info in advance!

your thread title & content could have been written by sextone himself!!!!!!

everyone expected a rise but these are ott..... & not enough family concessions.being an atyeo st holder £100 increase for me,but my sons goes upto £105.

i noticed on another forum u16's at swansea will pay £23 for a st,admitedly league 1...... but i just feel the screws have been turned to quick on this occasion :disapointed2se:

Yep, spot on. Don't forget that £23 at Swansea not only equates to £1 per game but it shows that their board, despite having overheads from building the new ground, are willing to push to push the boat out to not only reward existing fans but entice the future ones too.

I'm happy to contribute towards singing new players by getting a season ticket, new shirt etc and fully anticipated a rise in prices. What I'm personally struggling to come to terms with is how my ST can more than treble, yes treble, in price and no reason can justify that sort of increase IMHO

Excellent post!

Best ive read in a long time! i agree entirely

What did you expect?,,,,

A fair increase- not 36%

City to get promotion and no price increase,

No.I haven't seen one post that says that and there have been hundreds

don't you think that watching the better teams next season is worth the extra money?

Providing the better stuff I am watching is mostly from my team, yes.If it's from the other teams and they're winning then AG will be back down to 11,000 in fairly short order

One thing this has done is to crank up expectation levels and, in that sense and in the obvious sense of being beyond some peoples finances, this could well backfire big style

You could acheive that by watching a Prem Club at around the same price

I feel your view is short sighted and doesn't take the future, past loyalty, or our fan base into account.

From a purely selfish point of view I could pay treble, but consideration has to be given to those that cant and people ousted (AGAIN) from The Atyeo to accommodate unallocated seating seems crass with the EE open to 1,000 Singers on a non allocated basis.

No rise and a huge rise, aren't the alternatives.As always there is middle ground/15/20% would have been fair

Agreed

I'm afraid if you're Man Utd you can adopt that attitude.People will simply walk away from BCFC and Sky is far cheaper than a ST.

Totaly agree and, now that we're paying BMW Prices I expect-NB-Not would like or wish for-EXPECT-BMW Quality.The club can't have it both ways.

I don't think anyone's asking him to although, as the owner of the club, that's what normally happens to as greater or lesser extent depending on the owner.

it's not the increase in price that is the major problem, people expected a hike in ST prices, and it's understandalble, maybe not this much of a hike,

it's the lack of loyalty that is bothering people, in no early bird discounts for renewals! is the major biting pint I believe

Archived