IGNORED

Watch The Official Website Activity In The Next Week

Back of the net

Not a lot happening on the official website recently until the announcement of the new season ticket prices.

However, we now hear today that McCombe and Carey have signed extended contracts - although these were agreed some time ago according to GJ. Why did we not have these news earlier?

I now suspect a flurry of positive stories to take the heat out of the season ticket prices and the lack of existing season ticket holders renewal discount (which for me is the biggest kick in the nuts).

This is a calculated move.

As for comparable costs to other championship sides, the first 2 I look at - Plymouth and Preston - both charge lower season ticket prices. Plymouth is located similar to ourselves and probably a similar size club in terms or resource and outgoings. Preston are well established and have been in or pushing for the play offs for a few seasons.

"A good day to bury bad news" as someone once said......just our lot do it the other way around.

Nice up-possibly tomorrow:

Basso-and that was done at least a month ago.

Next day or poss tomorow-Murray-one year deal.

Good news, I know.

Cynic, aren't I?

As I said on another thread. First the bad news, followed by the whining. This will be followed shortly by some good [ ? ] signings followed by the usual euphoric speculation. Its just like politics, fans get played on a light line with a big hook, Oh yes, and after the signings, a surge in ST sales. Night follows day.

As I said on another thread. First the bad news, followed by the whining. This will be followed shortly by some good [ ? ] signings followed by the usual euphoric speculation. Its just like politics, fans get played on a light line with a big hook, Oh yes, and after the signings, a surge in ST sales. Night follows day.

I don't think we'll see any movement on signings until July 1st, just lots of speculation.

To me this news was published now to make those who say they won't be renewing season tickets re think, but if you cant afford it it just adds to the disappointment that you can't afford it and is rubbing the salt in.

What happened to the 12th man? why don't we get rewarded for playing our part? reading the posts on the season ticket debate it seems to me like season ticket sales will drop, and will all those who appeared out of the woodwork for the final few sell out games, will they now be buying season tickets? i doubt it very much.

The club obviously thought this out before hand and decided to publish this news to make the hike in the season tickets seem justified, but to me as I have said it just rubs salt in to the wounds of those who seriously can't afford it, and the disappointment even harder to take.

"A good day to bury bad news" as someone once said......just our lot do it the other way around.

Nice up-possibly tomorrow:

Basso-and that was done at least a month ago.

Next day or poss tomorow-Murray-one year deal.

Good news, I know.

Cynic, aren't I?

No.......Cynic is Cynic.....your Bristol Boy :tongue: :yahoo:

Archived