IGNORED

A Thought On Murray?

tully

Perhaps (I guess with a little hindsight I guess!) we should have matched Readings pay offer last summer!! I know for a fact he would have stayed had we done so! Anf we would be 10pts clear as this is the worst Div2 for years! Look at how shite we've played and are STILL in with a chance of automatic promotion!, And getting gates of 15,000!!

Money well spent me thinks!?!?

• Admin

How many more times. Reading offered four times his existing wage. Other players at the club have it written into their contracts that when someone overtakes their payrate then their contract has to be increased likewise. Keepeing Murray would have cost the club millions!

Said it at the time, how are we going to replace 29 goals? Was shot down 'We have a strong enough squad' Yeah right.

Irrespective of whether Wilson or Lansdown made the approach for Murray on loan. Don't you think it shows a real lack of creativity by us, lets see we still haven't replaced Scotty, we have 2 days to get someone in....

hmmmm Hello Mr Coppell... Reading must be pissing themselves at us. There ARE other players out there!

It was a weak attempt to nullify criticism (again) should we fail. Remember the Gascoigne thing last season?

Keepeing Murray would have cost the club millions!
Rubbish!

We would be guarnteed 1st Div football, wouldnt have spent his money on players that have not improved the team enough, would have had increased income from the better gates, sold tons of promotion winning gear in the shop etc etc etc!

We would have MADE millions!!!!!

• Admin
ok - point taken about moving on etc!

i just think we missed the trick last summer - I'm never one for bringing back players and managers alike!

I wouldn't mind Murray coming back mind, if a deal was right for all parties. I just don't believe we could reasonably have been expected to match Reading's offer in the Summer.

Rubbish!

We would be guarnteed 1st Div football, wouldnt have spent his money on players that have not improved the team enough, would have had increased income from the better gates, sold tons of promotion winning gear in the shop etc etc etc!

We would have MADE millions!!!!!

So you would have kept Scott in the dressing room at 4 times every body elses wage and stretch our fragile club economy to the limit on the strength of..... :ph34r:

Would Scott have repeated that form? Maybe.If not he would have been lynched every game for not being worth the money.

Promotion and shirt sales= millions- :laugh: Hmmm wishfull to say the least.

Scott had some ok seasons for us and one absolute golden one,he could also be very poor and was a target of abuse quite often.The deal was done and much as I love him and would be pleased to see him again,it aint going to happen.

Sorry Madger bit hars on my art earlier!

Its just so frustratin that with the standrard of the Div this year Murray ouwld have propelled us to the top!

It's not just his goals but his assists etc.

Anyway lets hold court in 8 games time!!

God that was crap! - It should have read: (though i am sending this from South East Asia - and it's 7:35pm!! Been a long day!

Sorry Madger bit harsh on my part earlier!

Its just so frustratin that with the standrard of the Div this year Murray ouwld have propelled us to the top!

It's not just his goals but his assists etc.

Anyway lets hold court in 8 games time!!

Archived