IGNORED

Forest & Debt

Bristol Boy

That's called Salary Capping and exists in some sports-Rugny League being an example.

There is no such rule in football and Swindons problem was that they were on the brink of adminsstration or receivership and owed people like Andy Kind money.From memory they were told that they couldn't sign more players until they settled certain other debts/wages etc.

And I think you will find leagues 1 & 2 operate a voluntary salary cap

And I think you will find leagues 1 & 2 operate a voluntary salary cap

Forest obviously didn't volunteer!

The only point is if it's compulsory and Forest would have the most to spend based on gates and therefore the most to gain!

A turnover of £7.5m & Wages of £9.3m is mental in any business.Your dead before any other costs are taken into account and the people that do it should be locked up.I read somewhere that Leeds had over 650 employess during Risdales tenure...........and Cardiff still employ him!!!

Personally it just goes to show how appalling some of these businesses are:It's avbit like saying to the bloke in the fruit & veg shop, "don't eat it all yourself!!"

"My point, that you have avoided or completely missed, is that the choice isn't profligacy (Leeds) or moving so slowly that you miss the boat which is what we've done in comparsion to Reading, Wigan, Middlesborough, Blackburn & Bolton."

I think the choice is between taking a gamble or between being more cautious. The gambles look good when they come off but not so good if you do a Leeds and implode. The interesting thing I guess will be to try and work out who will be the next Leeds. I'm fairly certain it won't be us at least.

I would guarantee a loss is being made. Very few League 1 & 2 make a profit; Crewe and Walsall are the known execeptions. With Forest's squad they will be making a twatting great loss. I will have a poke around on their boards to see quite how much.

To answer the original question our debt to the board was £0.6m end of last season, plus overdraft / other loans of £1.4m. This is down from a £5m debt the previous year because of a share issue in the year.

As we've been losing about a £1m a year (big improvement on a few years ago) the debt end of this season, taking into account the sale of Cotterill, should be down to about £1m.

But that £1m will ratchet up this summer due to new signings which, after all, we all want to see.

I haven't looked at the accounts for a few years, but I thought BCFC Limited had debts of around £15 million to BCFC Holdings. Surely you must be talking about the individual year in isolation?!

I haven't looked at the accounts for a few years, but I thought BCFC Limited had debts of around £15 million to BCFC Holdings. Surely you must be talking about the individual year in isolation?!

No, I'm talking about the consolidated accounts. Our debts are under control.

As Bristol City Holdings Limited hold 100% of the shares in the club and the stadium you should consider the three companies as a single entity (they effectively are for tax purposes). I don't have the subsidiary accounts but there is a balance of £4.5m due to the holding company from the two subs combined. This is just an intercompany balance and doesn't have any real effect. And as an intercompany balance it could be eliminated tomorrow if required by accounting methods that are too deeply dull to go into in what is already turning into an accountancy thread :sleeping:

"My point, that you have avoided or completely missed, is that the choice isn't profligacy (Leeds) or moving so slowly that you miss the boat which is what we've done in comparsion to Reading, Wigan, Middlesborough, Blackburn & Bolton."

I think the choice is between taking a gamble or between being more cautious. The gambles look good when they come off but not so good if you do a Leeds and implode. The interesting thing I guess will be to try and work out who will be the next Leeds. I'm fairly certain it won't be us at least.

Forest?

I'm not sure how MK Dons have funded the new stadium but they could struggle if they're not relatively succesful.

Archived