IGNORED

Johnson Considers Spl Strike Pair

Henry

Bristol City are poised to renew their interest in Hearts striker Michal Pospisil - and could also bid for Kilmarnock's Steven Naismith.

City manager Gary Johnson was present at Rugby Park on Sunday as Naismith's penalty was enough to beat Hearts.

And BBC Sport believes that the Scotland Under-21 striker and Pospisil were the men he was checking out.

Pospisil turned down a move to City in January after the two clubs agreed a £100,000 transfer fee for the Czech.

He preferred to stay at Tynecastle to battle for a first-team place.

But Johnson's side have since won promotion to the Championship and will hope that playing in England's second-top league would be enough to persuade Pospisil to move in the summer.

Pospisil has been troubled with injuries this season but was a starter in Hearts' final two league games of the season.

Johnson would face greater competition for the signature of Naismith.

Rangers are definitely interested, while Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill was also at Rugby Park on Sunday.

But Kilmarnock are likely to demand at least £1.5m for the 20-year-old.

BBC Article

Bristol City are poised to renew their interest in Hearts striker Michal Pospisil - and could also bid for Kilmarnock's Steven Naismith.

City manager Gary Johnson was present at Rugby Park on Sunday as Naismith's penalty was enough to beat Hearts.

And BBC Sport believes that the Scotland Under-21 striker and Pospisil were the men he was checking out.

Pospisil turned down a move to City in January after the two clubs agreed a £100,000 transfer fee for the Czech.

He preferred to stay at Tynecastle to battle for a first-team place.

But Johnson's side have since won promotion to the Championship and will hope that playing in England's second-top league would be enough to persuade Pospisil to move in the summer.

Pospisil has been troubled with injuries this season but was a starter in Hearts' final two league games of the season.

Johnson would face greater competition for the signature of Naismith.

Rangers are definitely interested, while Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill was also at Rugby Park on Sunday.

But Kilmarnock are likely to demand at least £1.5m for the 20-year-old.

BBC Article

Can't see us shelling out £1.5 million as doesn't fit with Gary's sort of signings, or SL's comments about teh club standing on it's own two feet. Plus if those clubs are after him, they can offer a lot more money, both as a fee and wages, and play at a higher level to us.

O'Neill was probably watching Craig Gordon.

Most likely GJ was just watching Pospisil. Our name seems to be linked to alot of Scottish footballers whose sides want to cash in after we bought Lee Miller.

Naismith sounds like a promising player but I doubt very much we'll be getting him if he has that sort of pricetag. Of course that could just be agent/club bullshit to up his true price. For that sort of money we'd be better off buying a player we know can score goals in England than one with potential to.

Edit:

I'll tell you what though, looking at his goals on youtube the boy looks like he's lightning, tricky and can really hit a ball.

Can't see us shelling out £1.5 million as doesn't fit with Gary's sort of signings, or SL's comments about teh club standing on it's own two feet. Plus if those clubs are after him, they can offer a lot more money, both as a fee and wages, and play at a higher level to us.

Gary's sort of signings? The club standing on its own 2 feet?

Alot of people are saying this but I'm sure if GJ went to SL and said, Found a particular player that will cost approx £1m then he would supply him with the funds and try to sign the player. GJ has never managed at this level before but I'm sure he knows that whats needed at this level is slightly different to whats needed to get out of the Conf/lge2/lge1. Some real quality is needed and he will be aware of this.

The likes of Aaron Davies isnt unrealistic and I'm sure his price tag will have shot up to atleast £500k, It could be even more with another decent performance in the playoff final or promotion.

I'm not saying he'l sign Steven Naismith because there is so much interest from alot of other major clubs but I wouldnt be surprised to see maybe 1 or 2 quality young players come in that are not cheap bargain buys. All I'm saying is that just because he hasnt spent alot in the past doesnt mean he wont.

Now I'm stupidly excited about Steven Naismith when it's not going to happen. Shame really, as he's ###### fantastic.

EDIT: I don't know if Villa are interested in Naismith as I have a feeling Martin O'Neill was at Rugby Park yesterday watching Craig Gordon rather than Naismith.

Archived