IGNORED

Expect To Pay Even More On Matchdays!

Barrs Court Red

The Greater Bristol area is included in a bill to trial road charging. Obviously given the location of Ashton Gate I think this could have a huge affect on City fans.

What I would like to see is the club liasing with the local council, the Government Office of the South West and supporters group to see if there is anything that can be arranged for matchday travel.

At present the provision is a joke, 2 busses back to Brislington that travel through town.

The Greater Bristol area is included in a bill to trial road charging. Obviously given the location of Ashton Gate I think this could have a huge affect on City fans.

What I would like to see is the club liasing with the local council, the Government Office of the South West and supporters group to see if there is anything that can be arranged for matchday travel.

At present the provision is a joke, 2 busses back to Brislington that travel through town.

It's long been a complaint of mine that getting transport for both home and away games is a pain in the backside. For home games you're stuck with the service you mention and for away games the hike to Ashton Gate to go on CATS isn't easy for those that need to use a coach. The only time I can recall the club going out of it's way was this years trip to Swansea where they had additional coaches starting from WSM, Bath and Gloucester.

This would be a great opportunity for the Supporters Club to get a bit proactive and offer something different to it's 4,000 members. What did you reckon RR?

It's long been a complaint of mine that getting transport for both home and away games is a pain in the backside. For home games you're stuck with the service you mention and for away games the hike to Ashton Gate to go on CATS isn't easy for those that need to use a coach. The only time I can recall the club going out of it's way was this years trip to Swansea where they had additional coaches starting from WSM, Bath and Gloucester.

This would be a great opportunity for the Supporters Club to get a bit proactive and offer something different to it's 4,000 members. What did you reckon RR?

You're forgetting the Millwall game where, I understand, the coaches went out of their way.

In fairness to the club they used to run a park-and-ride but nobody bothered to use it so it got cancelled.

Is this a charge similar to the congestion charge in london or totally different?

Whilst stuck on the coach to Millwall I read the signs. The charge only applies mon-Fri from 7.00am to 6.00pm ( or was it 6.00am-7.00pm?). Shouldn't really affect football traffic much if Bristol does it like this?

Don't agree with at at all mind, as we pay enough car tax as it is. The public transport in Bristol got to be the worst in the country, overpriced to subsidise all the OAP's cluttering up the damn buses with their free passes, dirty, and unreliable.

As for the park and ride no point in paying £5 was it when you can park for free closer to the ground, a couple of quid maybe. Again City price as high as possible and find the uptake poor.

Is this a charge similar to the congestion charge in london or totally different?

Whilst stuck on the coach to Millwall I read the signs. The charge only applies mon-Fri from 7.00am to 6.00pm ( or was it 6.00am-7.00pm?). Shouldn't really affect football traffic much if Bristol does it like this?

Don't agree with at at all mind, as we pay enough car tax as it is. The public transport in Bristol got to be the worst in the country, overpriced to subsidise all the OAP's cluttering up the damn buses with their free passes, dirty, and unreliable.

As for the park and ride no point in paying £5 was it when you can park for free closer to the ground, a couple of quid maybe. Again City price as high as possible and find the uptake poor.

It wont be like the congestion charge, it is "Road Pricing" that is being looked into. Car Tax will be scrapped.

Archived