IGNORED

New Pitch

RedLionLad

• Admin
Thought some of you might be interested to see how the new pitch is coming along. Photos taken 21/05/07.

DSCF0001-1.jpg

Seems a strange place to pile the sand, when the two entrances to the pitch are either side of the Atyeo stand, surely it is quicker to move it from that end of the ground ?!?! :fastasleep:

Seems a strange place to pile the sand, when the two entrances to the pitch are either side of the Atyeo stand, surely it is quicker to move it from that end of the ground ?!?! :fastasleep:

That's the new training facilities. Looks like a trainee groundsman as well. ;)

I heard that 2 gasheads infiltrated Ashton Gate car park and were chalking on the tarmac.....and within 10 minutes of the sand being delivered, there was no sign of them :whistle2:

Thought some of you might be interested to see how the new pitch is coming along. Photos taken 21/05/07.

DSCF0001-1.jpg

Following a sharp decline in season ticket sales the the comercial director decides to lay the pitch in the car park as that will be more than adequate to accomodate the crowds for next season's home games.

my goodness, those builders that are redoing the Dolman Stand are very quick. They have done 'B' and it has been like that for a week now.

looking at the dolman stand from the williams. It must be like a game of the old classic 'Wheel Of Fortunes'. They just got 'B' in and the pointer has suddenly snapped off it's hinges.

"Gary Johnson seems to have taken the need for a more solid midfield pairing for the step up to the Championship to a new level when he unveiled his two brand new summer signings this morning...."

Someone forgot to tell them that we play in RED!!!

"Gary Johnson seems to have taken the need for a more solid midfield pairing for the step up to the Championship to a new level when he unveiled his two brand new summer signings this morning...."

Did we sign those two from Ipswich? :whistle2:

If they're putting letters on, does this mean that "my" block, block D, is also going to have new seats, despite not needing them? Seems a bit of a waste.

I'd imagine yes some

Probably the red seats that are being replaced with white seats are probably going in block C, at least that would make sense to me

DSCF0447.jpg

nooblet question totally and go ahead make fun of it... shows lots about charachter then :rolleyes:

I have never seen a pitch being contructed before and am curious about the trenches they are digging... is it inground heating that I have seen mentioned at other pitches? is it inground micro irrigation? (since way to close together for above ground rotor sprinklers) or is it some sort of dirt spacing to allow temperature fluctuations on the grounds and keep the pitch level?

If anyone knows please answer and thanks for the pics =D

nooblet question totally and go ahead make fun of it... shows lots about charachter then :rolleyes:

I have never seen a pitch being contructed before and am curious about the trenches they are digging... is it inground heating that I have seen mentioned at other pitches? is it inground micro irrigation? (since way to close together for above ground rotor sprinklers) or is it some sort of dirt spacing to allow temperature fluctuations on the grounds and keep the pitch level?

wouldnt it be for drainige

hmmm maybe drainage but the width of the trenches unless somehow covered ( then would crush closed over time I would guess) the trenches look wide enouhg to sprain a few ankles... but as I said I nooblet to footy pitches... but I didnt say I not noob to landscape practices... jsut not UK related...

Thanks for the idea not sure if you know its a fact or a guess sorry. :noexpression:

As I understand it, underground heating is normally via pipes under the pitch itself, so I doubt that we'll have undersoil heating.If the pitch is similar to Wycombes in construction it will be costing somewhere in the region of £250k!

It will be held together by the amount of plastic fibres in the pitch and you'll be unable to take a divot from it, even with Rugby players scrumming and rucking on it even if it's pi$$ wet!!

I think (not saying I know) that it's for drainage.Level will be provided by compaction of the sub base and measured by a Laser, so it'll probably be flatter than our old pitch which had quite a camber on it when viewing from pitch level

We should get a lump back from the egg chasers to go towards paying for it but this development if more important than the changes to the Dolman etc which are still important in improving the image of the club as well as adding more seats in greater comfort.

Anyone who went to Boro or Coventry last season will bear testement to the quality of the pitches and it did us no harm playing on those surfaces-Having said that Colchester did very well at home partially due to their crappy pitch and that'll happen again next season before they move into a brand new stadium.

...I'm surprised they didnt sell off/auction slabs of the old pitch turf - buyer collects - bet loads of fans would've loved to own a square metre or so of Ashton Gates 'hallowed turf' from a Bristol City promotion season.

With the pitch being 60 or 70,000 sq metres the club could've made a few bob at say £2.50 each. (£150,000 +)

(I'd have bought a tenners worth to lay on my flats balcony for starters .... and all you lucky sods with gardens I'm sure would've found a nice place for some..) or even nurtured a slab on the coffee table in yer living room! - Better Than 'BUY A BRICK' I reckon.

Sexton could've used some of the cash raised to offset against kiddies ticket prices, - or gave us all a FREE PASTY VOUCHER! :)

(wheres the marketing men when you need 'em eh?...another PR opportunity missed!)

...I'm surprised they didnt sell off/auction slabs of the old pitch turf - buyer collects - bet loads of fans would've loved to own a square metre or so of Ashton Gates 'hallowed turf' from a Bristol City promotion season.

With the pitch being 60 or 70,000 sq metres the club could've made a few bob at say £2.50 each. (£150,000 +)

(I'd have bought a tenners worth to lay on my flats balcony for starters .... and all you lucky sods with gardens I'm sure would've found a nice place for some..) or even nurtured a slab on the coffee table in yer living room! - Better Than 'BUY A BRICK' I reckon.

Sexton could've used some of the cash raised to offset against kiddies ticket prices, - or gave us all a FREE PASTY VOUCHER! :)

(wheres the marketing men when you need 'em eh?...another PR opportunity missed!)

While you were writing that post you could have been raising £500 for the club by bidding for one of 2 Ashton Gate goalposts :disapointed2se:

Archived