IGNORED

Motorway Banners

freezer

Going back a while I can remember some banners hanging over the motorway on the return to sunny Bristol after our defeat to Brighton.

Losing a final can be painful so it's nice to be welcomed back by your fellow Bristolians.

I got to thinking what welcome home message should be displayed - win or lose - this coming Saturday.

Ideas?

If they loose then I think space will be at a premium on the bridges of the M32

It's almost traditional. I remember them as way back as the year we lost to Brentford in the POs circa 97?

You could ust put 'Welome home', but then they'll just be leaving again a few months later to squat elsewhere, so what's the point?

Best response would be to simply ignore them. After all, if they lose they'll soon dissapear and all the effort put into sign writing will have been wasted.

Guest Socrates
Ticket to the Millenium - £32

Ticket to Wembley - £42

Losing at both, being a league above the conference and two leagues below City

PRICELESS.....

For Championship football, its bristol city

:D

Ticket to Wembley - £42

PRICELESS.....

That is Sh*t hot, we should whack that up!!

That is Sh*t hot, we should whack that up!!

Sod it, lm going to do it... Best thing is l live in the centre overlooking the fountains.... it could stay up all weekend, and the week after..maybe even the weekend after that.

Bit worried about things being throw at my window though.... if you are in the centre at the weekend... have a look above the velvet lounge!!! :shifty:

One white bed sheet, a can of black spray paint... brilliant

Ticket to Wembley - £42

PRICELESS.....

hey Badger, can i use this as part of my Signiture if rovers lose to Shrewsbury

Pwweeease :englandsmile4wf:

Ticket to Wembley - £42

PRICELESS.....

A bit too wordy, considering people are driving past at 60mph. It is more subtle if you don't mention us directly (although a BCFC crest might be ok?)

Ticket to Wembley - £42

Losing at both, PRICELESS.

A bit too wordy, considering people are driving past at 60mph. It is more subtle if you don't mention us directly (although a BCFC crest might be ok?)

Ticket to Wembley - £42

Losing at both, PRICELESS.

Brilliant, l will use that.

Guest Dolman_Dave

Keep it simple and could be used whatever the result;

'BRISTOL CITY FC - CHAMPIONSHIP 2007-2008'

Or

'BRISTOL CITY FC - WEMBLEY WINNERS'

Alright it was in 1986 but the gas have never won at Wembley in there history. Touch wood that stat will be unchanged next week!

After their paint pot final a couple of kiddys I know put up around 3 banners on the motorway. A few more could be in order now.

this time tie them down with rope not the cheap cotton you used last time and they may stay there a bit longer this time

Guest Eamer
if they win: STILL A LEAGUE HIGHER THEN YOU !

if they lose: 2 BIG STADIUMS, 2 LOSE'S !

That was rubbish.

1. "THAN" not "THEN"

2. "LOSSES" not "LOSE'S"

3. Exclamation marks come directly after the last letter of a sentence not after a space.

4. It was just rubbish anyway.

mate if they lose thats going in my signature, just quality!! :clapping:

I turned them off as one persons signature is really annoying me.

Guest philgas1
I've got my bridge primed near Emersons Green over the M4, all Rovers fans will have to pass under it.

noted..........

Guest tomvickeryBCFC

If anyone does actually put some banners up, which they should do can they make sure they take some pics because i would really like to see them, hope many are up to welcome the sags home!!!

REMEMBER TAKE PHOTOS AND POST THEM ON HERE PLEASE!! :fingerscrossed:

If any (temporary) fans of Shrewbury Town wants to stand around smirking on Saturday Night at Temple Meads.....

The Gas Express

Departure times for a private chartered train ferrying 696 Gasheads to and from Wembley Stadium on Saturday have been confirmed.

The Gas Express will leave Weston-Super-Mare station at 08:02 on Saturday morning, before heading to Bristol Temple Meads.

It will leave Bristol Temple Meads at 08:58 and continue on to Bristol Parkway.

It will then leave Bristol Parkway at 09:13 and will finally arrive at London Paddington at 10:44.

The return journey will see the train leave London Paddington at 19:36, dropping Gasheads off at Bristol Parkway at 20:58, Bristol Temple Meads at 21:13 and Weston-Super-Mare at 22:07.

Can anyone tell me how to add a picture to the thread, Ive been "busy" in work this morning on MS Paint :)

Save it somewhere on your PC, then find where you saved it and host it in your online photo account (photobucket etc) copy and paste the link it gives you onto here.

Honestly, comes to something when a blonde woman has to explain stuff like this!! :whistle2:

Save it somewhere on your PC, then find where you saved it and host it in your online photo account (photobucket etc) copy and paste the link it gives you onto here.

Honestly, comes to something when a blonde woman has to explain stuff like this!! :whistle2:

Fake blonde though yeah :whistle2:

Archived