IGNORED

When 2 Take My Kids 2 Their First Game

devonrobin

I started taking the child I look after when he was about 5, but then as he is disabled he is used to sitting still, so fidgeting wasnt an issue so much. Could you take her to one of the friendlies maybe.

The other thing is you might want to warn her she might hear lots of shouting, so it might get a bit noisy, but also she might hear some words she shouldnt be repeating.

I took my boy to his first game when he was 4 he loved it, got a bit bored of sitting a couple of times but some sweets and crisps sorted that out. He even got involved in a bit of singing. Now my second boy is just turned 4 and I will def be taking him next season.

Guest ashtonyate
I started taking the child I look after when he was about 5, but then as he is disabled he is used to sitting still, so fidgeting wasnt an issue so much. Could you take her to one of the friendlies maybe.

The other thing is you might want to warn her she might hear lots of shouting, so it might get a bit noisy, but also she might hear some words she shouldnt be repeating.

Yea we would not want them to hear why didnt we buy a striker

When I started to take my girl to the city she was about six there were no seating so she could run a round a bit, now with seating thats harder to do i think 7/8 is a good time for kids to start watching for the first time take them to a reserve match and see how they get on.

Yea we would not want them to hear why didnt we buy a striker

When I started to take my girl to the city she was about six there were no seating so she could run a round a bit, now with seating thats harder to do i think 7/8 is a good time for kids to start watching for the first time take them to a reserve match and see how they get on.

or like a 1st round league cup game against some poor team from league 2. i would say a JPT game but we arent in that anymore :whistle2:

Personally i don't think that 4 is to young. I was carried over the turnstyles by my Father when i was a babe in arms some 40 odd years ago :laugh:.. I was told i used to spit my dummy out if we lost Nothings changed there then !!! ;)

C.T.I.D

i need some advice as to when to take my child to her first game

do u think 4 is to young?

RedTopJr is three and has been going for the past two years. He is absolutely obsessed with all things City, loves the game but loves the day itself more - the ritual of a sandwich on the way down the motorway, chips before the game in the R&W, playing football with the older boys in the R&W, scoffing sweets while watching the game and, dare I say it, time on his own with his dad.

I'd say go for it, but make sure she's got plenty to eat or read magazine-wise because you can't expect her to watch the whole 90 minutes without wriggling and needing a couple of wees (usually when we have a crucial free kick or corner!) Also be prepared for questions like "Daddy, why did that man fall down?", "Daddy, why did that man blow is whistle?" and "Daddy, why is everyone shouting at the man in black?" Also, when you go for the first time take the missus so that if your daughter decides she's had enough before the end, your wife can take her over the playground next to the retail centre while you watch the end of the game. :whistle:

Also, consider that introducing her to Bristol City will ruin her life by introducing misery and broken dreams for decades to come. Then do it anyway on the grounds that you've had to suffer and you don't see why she should get away with it.

my little boy is 5 & half months old.... is that too you young?

I cant wait to take him to see city!!!!

His great grandfather (his mothers side) is scottish and when he lived in Bristol supported the gas, so i done him a deal. If my boy grows and is a good footballer he'll play for England and City.....:englandsmile4wf::city:

But if he's crap he'll have to play for Rovers & Scotland!! :D

I chucked a ball at his head the other day and he didnt head it back so his g-grandad might get his own way! :fingerscrossed:

My family used to take me down to see the City and Rovers play each week when i was no older than 5/6. They gave me the opportunity to go and see both teams and gave me the choice for who i supported. because if i followed my family, i'd be a gashead.

I see no harm in taking a child down, i think 4 would be the youngest for me son. I'd give them the earliest opportunity, otherwise you might lose them to Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool etc.

My family used to take me down to see the City and Rovers play each week when i was no older than 5/6. They gave me the opportunity to go and see both teams and gave me the choice for who i supported. because if i followed my family, i'd be a gashead.

I see no harm in taking a child down, i think 4 would be the youngest for me son. I'd give them the earliest opportunity, otherwise you might lose them to Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool etc.

There is NO way my son will support Man Utd or Chelsea!!!

My grandson is 5 and will be going to one or two pre-season games for the first time next season. But he won't be going regularly for at least another season. To be honest he is only just starting to get interested in watching (he plays for an Under 6's team and loves it) and is now starting to ask questions about games that are on television. He knows that Chelsea and Man Utd are the best teams (from the playground I expect) but the most important thing is he WANTS to support City.

If you take them too young they will think it is boring and then you have a job on your hands to get them to go at an older age.

Archived