IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal

bartolona

Mine will be going in the bin. I have been a supporter of this club since 1969 and feel badly let down by those rip off merchants who have hiked season ticket prices by 30%. There is nothing to justify this daylight robbery and I will not pay these prices. It will cost me in the region of £100 per home game next season, there can be few people who can afford to pay that.

As it is my "local" team Wigan Athletic have reduced ticket prices so will have fans paying £13 per game as season ticket holders or £15 pay on the day for all games, regardless of opponents. They hope to fill the JJB Stadium, and will have a better chance than City charging around £30 to watch them play Leicester or Coventry.

It is always the supporter who gets dumped on by the club. We've been ripped off once too often.

• Admin
Mine will be going in the bin. I have been a supporter of this club since 1969 and feel badly let down by those rip off merchants who have hiked season ticket prices by 30%. There is nothing to justify this daylight robbery and I will not pay these prices. It will cost me in the region of £100 per home game next season, there can be few people who can afford to pay that.

As it is my "local" team Wigan Athletic have reduced ticket prices so will have fans paying £13 per game as season ticket holders or £15 pay on the day for all games, regardless of opponents. They hope to fill the JJB Stadium, and will have a better chance than City charging around £30 to watch them play Leicester or Coventry.

It is always the supporter who gets dumped on by the club. We've been ripped off once too often.

Wigan have suffered from low gates, they have the benefit of Sky TV's £30 million and they are competing against Rugby League, Man U, Man City and a host of other clubs in the North West. Your travelling costs aren't something City are going to take into account, by far the majority of season tickets holders will live in a 20 or 30 mile radius from the ground.

It's possible to get an adult season ticket for City that equates to £16.30 per game, City are halfway in the Championship league table of season ticket prices, with Preston & Burnley above them (looking at Northern clubs), although Hull, Barnsley and Scunthorpe are cheaper.

I'm not applauding the increases, I'm not convinced that the Sky TV bubble won't burst one day, is it right that football has been taken away from some of it's grass root support, probably no, but it's jumped on the bandwagon and for 15 years now has had it's snout in the trough, will the trough empty, many predict it, but it seems unlikely in the immediate future.

Your money, your choice, some will decide that their Saturday out, the meeting of friends only seen at matches, the social occasion of a beer before and after the game, is worth the extra £4 or £5 per game.

If a game next seaon is going to cost you £100, surely this season it must have been £80-£90, an increase I agree, but, to keep the theatre ticket price analogy, you are now not watching the the Ashton Amateur Players present, but the show that is potentially going to the West End.

Your money, your choice, some will decide that their Saturday out, the meeting of friends only seen at matches, the social occasion of a beer before and after the game, is worth the extra £4 or £5 per game.

Thats probably the biggest draw for most fans. Its not just about the 90 minutes and especially on away days the 90 minutes gets in the way of a good day when we get hammered or its a dull 0-0!!

You are now not watching the the Ashton Amateur Players present, but the show that is potentially going to the West End.

I hope that this will be the case, but my experience of watching Bristol City week in, week out in the top flight 1976-80 was that unless they were playing the "top" teams (eg Liverpool, Manchester Utd etc) they struggled to half fill the stadium capacity of those days. As I said earlier, after the initial euphopria of Championship status has worn off, the team will need to be putting in some good performances to entice people to spend serious cash for a match ticket plus the potential add-ons of programme, drinks and food.

I wish City every success, but feel that long suffering fans have been taken for a ride. The board could justify increases if they were to put their hands into their pockets, yet the newly flush Steve L doesn't appear to be too swift to distribute part of his vast fortune. Why therefore should supporters have to cough up?

I hope that this will be the case, but my experience of watching Bristol City week in, week out in the top flight 1976-80 was that unless they were playing the "top" teams (eg Liverpool, Manchester Utd etc) they struggled to half fill the stadium capacity of those days. As I said earlier, after the initial euphopria of Championship status has worn off, the team will need to be putting in some good performances to entice people to spend serious cash for a match ticket plus the potential add-ons of programme, drinks and food.

I wish City every success, but feel that long suffering fans have been taken for a ride. The board could justify increases if they were to put their hands into their pockets, yet the newly flush Steve L doesn't appear to be too swift to distribute part of his vast fortune. Why therefore should supporters have to cough up?

If you're talking about spending £100 a game to watch City, then the season ticket price represents less than a 5% increase in your matchday costs, hardly a showstopper, and if the increased expenditure has to go anywhere, surely City is the best place for it to go.

And the increase is still less for an entire season than would have been spent going to 3 games had we been in the play-offs..........

I agree, nothing to justify the increase. Only better quality players to buy, higher wages, etc, etc. :whistle2:

How do you know Lansdown isn't going to dip his hand in his pocket and give us some of what is, after all, his and his family's money? Do you think he would advertise the fact so that Chairmen of other clubs can hike up transfer fees of anyone and everyone we are interested in?

I do not agree with all of the price increases myself and I think that more could have been done for many loyal supporters who have stuck by the club but you could also ask why supporters should get the chance to watch Championship football at lower league prices. That is what some appear to want (whilst also wanting Lansdown to go out and get Robbie Fowler, Pospisil on £5k per week, Steven Naismith for £1½ million etc. etc.).

More power to you. The club have blantently taken the piss and you are voting with your feet as your entitled too.

I just wish I could be as stong as you and do the same! But I can't and the club knows this will be the case for the majority.

KevinC - Good luck to you. I know many fans who feel the same, and once the 'feelgood' factor wears off, a lot more will desert (I know quite a few who decided against buying an ST once prices were announced). In fact had it not been for the Foundation discount, I would not have renewed. And before the excuse about us being a Championship Club and needing to maximise revenue is trotted out, 8,000 X £400 = £3.2 Mill. 10,000 X £320 = £3.2 Mill. The latter option gives identical revenue, but a better atmosphere and greater sales in food and other merchandise.

• Admin
And the increase is still less for an entire season than would have been spent going to 3 games had we been in the play-offs..........

That brings it into perspective, doesn't it. When I think of the amount of money I spent in the last play-off's, only to end up feeling so deflated, it helps to remind me how important that auto promotion spot was.

That brings it into perspective, doesn't it. When I think of the amount of money I spent in the last play-off's, only to end up feeling so deflated, it helps to remind me how important that auto promotion spot was.

A very good point. Sort of pay the £100 and 'guarantee' promotion, or enter the lottery of the playoffs where if you win you could end up playing double (the price of the matches plus the ST increase anyway).

Still think there could be some sort of early bird offer though, if not money off a ST maybe 1/2 price shirts or something for a limited period. Anything would have been a show of goodwill.

Archived