IGNORED

Championship Signings

Rednready

It is the silly season, and we deserve what we get on the forum. With a hint from Eamer's posting, I will add the following.

The forum has been full of " who we should sign " postings, but what do we already have.

The Academy is as GJ and SL have maintained there for the benefit of the Ist team squad, so who do we have available, rather than outside signings. First and foremost we have :

Artus : 19 in september, 6ft, 13 stone, reserve grade captain, 5 goals in 13 starts [ ? ]. GJ says close to selection last november, then LJ pills his finger out and selection does not happen, just 2 appearances on the bench.

With Artus we do not need to buy an outside midfielder. We have LJ, Noble, Skuse and Russell already.

James Wilson : 6ft 4in already a junior Welsh International, and on a par with Orr and Keogh. Add Carey, McCombe, Fontaine and McAllister, indeed the back line is solid.

Williams and Plummer: Ready, well perhaps. Not too sure about this pair, and they will have to shine in the pre season friendlies to get into a starting position. Plummer may indeed be as good as the hype, but I want to see some form against seasoned pros in the pre season matches.

Ok you summer carnivors........go to work !

There is no doubt that fans love young exciting players, which the club has produced, coming through the ranks.The likes of Cotterill, Doherty,Carey, Skuse etc provoke great loyalty as fans see them as one of their own.Given GJ's widely stated desire to stick with the lads who achieved promotion, and the best of the academy products, he has an unenviable task now of finding the right signings to blend in with the existing squad and younger, hopefully hungry, pros waiting for their chance.

I have every faith that he will do his homework, and get the players he feels will best fit in, but like others, would love especially in pre-season, to see Riberio, Wilson, Plummer and particularly Artus get their chance.Exciting times ahead? Let's hope so!!

Archived